Forums Latest Members
  1. R3D9 Apr 5, 2017

I hope it's okay to post something like this here... I was trolling Kijiji (the Canadian Craigslist for our U.S. forum members) and came across this WTB ad that tugged at my heartstrings a little. Let me be clear that I have zero relationship to this person.

The poster sold his Grandfather's watch some years back when he was struggling financially and has regretted it ever since.

If, on the off chance, one of you owns a gold Deville with the inscription: "Happy Graduation Jean 1967", consider touching base with this guy and letting him make a fair-market-value purchase of the watch.

There - my good deed is done for the day :)

Link to the posting below:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-jewelry-watc...le/1252696145?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

propervinyl, Jeroensv, OMGRLX and 5 others like this.
  2. noiseboyuk Apr 6, 2017

It would be truly amazing to re-unite the watch with the person, although probably a bit unlikely - but who knows ?

3. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 6, 2017

A neat story, but he'll never get anywhere like that. If kiji was anything like CL from that period, it didn't really anonymize, and he should have access to the buyers email still? I only ever delete junkmail--never know when you'll need access to old info like that. Whenever I sell anything I ask potential buyers to first provide a cell# for texting purposes. With at least a first name and an old phone number, he might get somewhere with a google search (or the help of a PI)? Even if the number was reissued, the new owner may know the name of the previous user (I know who had mine last, as he had it registered at places like Harbor Freight and O'Reilly's).

With such a sentimental piece, he really REALLY should have made a record of some of the buyers information--bad bills, who knows!

4. TomGW Apr 6, 2017

Seeing as it's plated / gold filled, rather than solid, its chances of survival intact is pretty good, so that's a good start.