Forums Latest Members
  1. importstunna Apr 17, 2014

Hi All,

My 1st post here and excited to be a part of the Omega club. I just bought a 3570.50 last week, and already noticed some light scratches on the Hesalite. I immediately ordered a Polywatch after using toothpaste unsuccessfully. My question for the forum is, how often can I polish the Hesalite before it gets damaged? I am a bit OCD so that's why I am worried...

Let me know. I've searched but no one has really given straight answers. Thanks!!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2014

You'll wear your arm out before you wear through the crystal with a tube of polywatch, I wouldn't worry too much. Replacements are cheap anyway

CTS-V and JohnSteed like this.
  3. woodwkr2 Apr 17, 2014

With a jewelers hand piece or polishing wheel there is such a thing a polishing too frequently. With poly watch I think you're safe--though this isn't helping the OCD issues at the heart of the matter ;)

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Apr 17, 2014

Right - the scratches aren't the problem. If you're that worried about marks on the crystal, have it replaced with sapphire and keep the original crystal in the watch box.

5. Mathlar Apr 17, 2014

At least for me, that would destroy some of the warmth of the hesalite that makes Speedies so attractive.

It's going to be a tough for months for the OP, but I found that the obsessive worrying about scratches died down after about a year ;-)

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. nima0071 Apr 18, 2014

i just bought mine 2 days ago now i have 5 scratches i might do a ploy watch after in gets really bad but it might look better with scratches too ;)