Forums Latest Members

POLL: How often do you adjust/correct the time on your watch?

1. ktc Nov 11, 2016

How often do you adjust or correct the time on your watch(es)?
    A) More than once a day, I'm a total fanatic
    B) Several times a week
    C) Less than once a week
    D) Less than once a month
    E) Only when the timezone/daylight savings changes
    F) Other/Never/I don't even know if it's running

I was thinking about the threads re accuracy and COSC specifications, and remember when I first bought my Omega there was a huge discordance between my being aware of the -4/+6, and the emotion desire for the thing to be accurate to -0.0000/+0.00, and would keep comparing and adjusting my watch to the atomic clock. But over time, as I cared less and less and just enjoyed the watch, the stopped even knowing how off it is.

So, as a contrast to the "Why isn't my watch more accurate?" threads, I'm curious among the group here as to how often they check if their watch is "on time" :D

Jwit and Riviera Paradise like this.
  2. NT931 Nov 11, 2016

I don't bother as I rotate my watches almost daily, so I just set the time each morning and off I go!

GBTRIUMPH, Syrte, blubarb and 10 others like this.
  3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 11, 2016

Watches rotated daily, so I set the time each time I wear watch.

GBTRIUMPH and Egatdagi like this.
  4. Faz Nov 11, 2016

I have the following very complicated technique! :confused:

I use a quartz watch as a standard. Every day I choose a watch I set it by this standard. Very hard work!
    image.jpg image.jpg

Edited Nov 11, 2016
    Omega1, Egatdagi, ibay and 5 others like this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 11, 2016

Watchville App reference. Most of my collection tracks very well. If I have a watch that deviates, its off to the spa.

6. Tubber Nov 11, 2016

I do the same. Use a Speedmaster X-33 that is in the watchbox to set whatever one I choose.

Jwit likes this.
  7. Riviera Paradise Nov 11, 2016

I normally have two watches in active rotation out of my collection during a five day period. I set the watches up with the Clocksync app and then forget about them. New watches I will time with the WatchCheck app over a couple of weeks, just to see if they are behaving as expected and finding out how the timing varies due to position/heat etc.. I think it is actually quite cool that mechanical watches are slightly different in terms of regulation/timing...almost as if they have different personalities...it would be boring if they were all spot on +1.0:)

8. mdgrwl Nov 11, 2016

very morning when I put one one... mostly because the power reserve has run out and its time to re-set ;)

oddboy likes this.
  9. ctpete Nov 11, 2016

I set my watches to the atomic clock using an app of my iphone. I rotate my watches daily and check their status maybe once a day. However, I have only had to adjust them every couple of weeks at most, and then only if I notice they are more than a couple minutes off. Generally, since my daily wearing watches are kept in a watch winder, my watches can go for many weeks without being adjusted. When I was new to mechanical watches I was more fanatical about adjusting them constantly. Over time, I have come to appreciate that the elegance and sophistication of mechanical watches is more important to me than "quartz" style accuracy. This is across all brands. I have Omega, Oris, Baume & Mercier, Hexa and others. To conclude, on the average of my dozen or so mechanical watches, I adjust them less than once a month.

10. alam Nov 11, 2016

In addition to my phone, I also use an identical quartz technique! :)

IMG_3531.JPG
    Omega1 and Faz like this.
  11. Faz Nov 11, 2016

The quartz technique needs much know how. After all it is modern technology...:thumbsdown:.

;)

And your technique is flawless sir ::psy::

Riviera Paradise and alam like this.
  12. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 11, 2016

Unless traveling, I typically wear a couple of watches each day. They are wound and set (to my phone's time display), not adjusted after that.

If a watch loses enough time to notice during that brief period of wear, I simply send it for service & buy two more. Of course, often I buy more anyway. :whistling:

Nitzbar, NT931, ossfm and 6 others like this.
  13. VillageIdiot Nov 11, 2016

How about, "None of the above"? I generally set mine once a week, on Sunday, unless I pick up a watch and it's dead.

14. Morrisdog Nov 11, 2016

With my SM 300 I have not had to correct the second hand for almost a year and it's just running about 20 seconds fast. I don't use a watch winder so I just wear this watch a lot!! I change its strap when I want a different look!! I have off course changed the hour hand (can be moved independently without stopping the watch) for day light saving and travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchme likes this.
  15. duc Nov 11, 2016

Whenever it is more than 30 seconds off of five minutes ahead of barbarian time.

I guess I should add that by that standard, different watches are adjusted on differing schedules. I hope that clears it up.::bleh::

16. meganfox17 Nov 11, 2016

[​IMG]

17. Faz Nov 11, 2016

I think the subject was setting watches...not clowns...:whipped:

18. Just Livin Nov 11, 2016

Have currently been wearing a perpetual motion. Wound it once about 4 weeks ago.
    But I wind a few on the side to take out to dinner.
    Haven't told anyone else about the few on the side. So if you could keep that discreet, would be appreciated.
    IMG_5811.JPG

19. RDK Nov 11, 2016

D (poll doesn't work on Tapatalk?).

Currently 3 watches in rotation, keeping them all wound (1 on the wrist, the other 2 on the winder). I adjust the time when they are more than 1 minute off.

[​IMG]

20. Jking something intelligent and witty... Nov 11, 2016

I reset mine on the 1st of the month. I'm only losing about a minute per month so it's not that big of a deal.