Forums Latest Members
  1. Peter Lundberg Jun 5, 2017

I have a question regarding 105.012 -66 cases. They where made by both HF and CB company. According to "Moonwatch Only" the CB-cases where more common for the -66. However when looking at the values of speedmaster101 they seam to be the same for both HF and CB. I have understod that many of the CB cases where "corrected" by Omega dealers during service where they polisched away the facets of the CB case making it looking like a HF instead. My question is, since the values are the same for HF and CB cases, have the value of the "serviced" CB not been really affected by making it look like the reguar speedmaster cases?

Regards
    Peter

2. Amaza Jun 5, 2017

Well, from my (little) experience I would say that CB cases are more sought after being the only easily recognizable variation of the twisted lugs case. Nevertheless, it is difficult to evaluate the difference in price between the two models and in practice it may be quite small.
    Considering the polishing, I believe it generally detracts value from a watch wrt an unpolished case. Although it can be realized in such a way that it is hardly distinguishable from an unpolished case.
    When it comes to CB cases, the specific bevel, gives an additional parameter to evaluate the status of the case and the eventual polishing. Having a CB case which looks like an HF case, even though the quality of the polishing was gorgeous (quite improbable), consists inevitably in a loss of value of the watch, since it has lost one of its most attractive and peculiar characteristics, the bevel.