Forums Latest Members
  1. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

I have been looking for a Polerouter for a bit and came across this one this morning. I don't see signs of rotor rub on the caseback but the pictures are taken such that they may be hiding it on the rotor. There is a curious line on the inside of the caseback the seems to match rub from a bumper oscillating weight. I really can't tell if the dial is very clean or has been "touched up". The seller states it's original but there have been issues with him, in the past. Any thoughts about the watch are appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aap May 8, 2016

I have never seen that type of icon on the crown, with the serifed U. Interested to hear from our more knowledgable members.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

I agree. I just forgot to mention it in my post.

4. Severin May 8, 2016

From my perspective, it's an interesting watch for two reasons:
    (1) it is one of the earlier 215 models as evidenced by the lack of regulator pointer and patent pending label beneath the rotor
    (2) absence of word "automatic" on dial. I've seen this on other 215s, but have found it to be a less frequent occurrence than the full "Automatic Microtor". I've yet to look into whether absence of automatic correlates with any other aspect, but may give it a shot in the future.

The dial looks fine enough based on the pictures. I've seen the crown in question on other Polerouters, mostly Jets if memory serves (like this one: http://www.chrono24.com/ca/universa...st&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm) but have never seen one like that on the "classical" style Polerouters like the one in the OP.

It may also be worth pointing out that the caseback engraving is almost entirely (if not entirely) effaced. I would be willing to let that slide in one or two rare instances, but only for an otherwise very special piece.

In sum, I suspect you are dealing with an original dial with a less common attribute re: absence of "Automatic"and with a very early 215 movement. The crown is not likely original to the watch, but it is a UG crown. The caseback logo is gone, but the serial number may still be visible between the lugs on the case side. It's now a matter of your own assessment of priorities and trade-offs. Not all pieces hit a perfect score on all criteria - this is where the decision making process comes in. Best of luck - do let us know what you decide to do!

Waynepjr, Jonatan, ELV web and 3 others like this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

Thanks for the feedback. I found a few examples of microrotor only on polerouter.de but they were deluxes. I found one online but no movement photos to check other attributes. I'll keep an eye on it. If it gets to a price more than I want to spend, I'll keep up the search.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 8, 2016

Some of the earlier microrotor Polerouters were produced before the introduction of the caseback logo (circa 1961 or so). The lack of the logo on the caseback doesn't bother me.

That being said, there are enough other questions raised above for me to want some better pictures of the watch before laying any money down on it (if I were so inclined, which I'm not).

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Severin likes this.
  7. Jonatan May 9, 2016

I have a very similar watch with the exact dial in gold. Also no inscription on the back. Unfortunately don't have a picture of the movement. Crown and hands are different.

No serial numbers between the lugs.

EDIT : Yes the serial number is between the lugs!!

IMG_0613.JPG
    Edited May 9, 2016
    Severin, aap and Waynepjr like this.