Forums Latest Members
  1. Mazoue Jun 15, 2017

Although not one of the dubious 2nd execution Polerouter Subs we've seen of late, I'm not so sure about the originality of this 1st execution at the forthcoming Antiquorum auction.

- I've not seen that seconds hand before. Would you agree it is incorrect? The other hands look ok although the lume looks to be an exact match for the seconds hand, which could suggest that they all came from another watch or were all relumed.

- The movement is listed as being Cal 218-9. Would you agree that this is incorrect for this model?

The dial looks great, the case with curved lugs looks fine although over polished, the two different crowns could be fine and the internal bezel with the narrower font is ok although looks to have lost the lume that you often see in the first third.

I've asked for further photographs, which I can post here if people are interested.
    H0185-L120856933.jpg

2. sjg22 Jun 15, 2017

It does look very, very "perfect".

Given how skilled shops like LA Watchwerks and ABC Watchwerks are at restoring vintage, are we reaching a point where it's becoming nearly impossible to tell if some cosmetic improvements have been done to well known references?

3. LaurentBxl Jun 15, 2017

Your assessment regarding the calibre and second hand seems correct to me.
    Also, there is a fine black line around the cristal, I wonder if the ring is still there. Is the inner bezel rotating freely?
    The lume on the dial looks very yellow, maybe redone? Dial is all correct for sure.
    And there is a groove in he hour and minutes hands, they look different to the ones i have seen.

4. Mazoue Jun 23, 2017

I see that it still sold for $10,000 including premium.

I never did receive those additional photographs I requested.

5. billving Jun 23, 2017

Antiquorum is the worst at sending additional pics

6. rolokr Jun 24, 2017

One from my UG section !

20161230_223051.jpg
    aap and LaurentBxl like this.