Forums Latest Members
  1. goodcall Nov 2, 2013

new addition to my collection(received it Today) UG Polerouter and I think it looks realy good but
    the watch arrived very dirty so to finish my cleaning job should I take this plastic sticker off the back (I think it's original one)?
    there're two numbers -20xxxxx and 18xxxxx-which one is a serial number?(want to know it's made in 1959 or 1957)
    welcome any comments
    thank you

004.JPG 023.JPG 014.JPG 059.JPG 007.jpg
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 2, 2013

Nice catch. I don't think sticker will add value. You can peel and replace with new one if you want to maintain the case back mintiness. Zapon/Purple snot is another matter.

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Nov 2, 2013

Not knowing what you paid, I would still say you did good. Case has seen some action but overall it looks original. As Privateday7 says - peel the sticker if you want to. The 20.. number is the reference number and the other one is the serial. Please have a look at my 357 - at:
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/a-stainless-357.5828/
    Regards
    JE

4. goodcall Nov 2, 2013

all right!
    so the serial number of 18xxxx dates this watch to 1957 then.
    the case looks really good and is not polished or buffed(I need to take a better pic)with all sharp edges though.
    I paid $415
    plus things to be done-
    - need to replace the crystal (there's a crack)-$30
    -movement overhaul-$180
    and I'm gonna leave the sticker there for next 56 years lol
    cheers

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Nov 2, 2013

Congratulations!
    Unsure about when the raised "U"-logo on the dial started to look like yours. Could be a later service dial. The crown also seem to have a later "U"-logo design (sixties).

6. goodcall Nov 9, 2013

I hear you but there is "MICROTOR"on a dial
    " I estimate it's from around 1958. Also, the dial has both "Automatic" and "Microtor" on it. From the Polerouter pics I've seen, the earliest Microtor Polerouters -- as opposed to the even earlier Bumper Polerouters -- had these 2 words, then UG dropped "Microtor" from the dial of the later Microtor Polerouters"-it's from--- http://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15390
    ??
    cheers