Forums Latest Members

Polerouter Date black dial - assistance appreciated

1. jontrl Jan 17, 2019

Hi all,

Came across this Polerouter Date that I've been considering, and hope to draw on your experience and views.

Based on the pictures, these are my notes:

1) There seems to be a small nick to the crystal at 1 o'clock.
    2) Age of the lumes seems consistent with the overall watch.
    2) The movement seems clean, and the caliber 69 is a chronological match for the applied "pointy U" shield on the dial (based on another extremely helpful thread in these forums).

Please let me know if you have any thoughts? Much appreciated.

UG-8.jpg UG-1.jpg UG-3.jpg UG-5.jpg UG-6.jpg UG-11.jpg UG-9.jpg
    omegasaso12 likes this.
  2. Xeer Jan 18, 2019

Good looking PR.. looks strangely familiar.

Caseback is over-polished but if you are okay with that.. go for it :thumbsup:

jontrl likes this.
  3. Passover Jan 18, 2019

Hi,

I'm shurely no PR expert, but I have questions (despite the polishing issue):
    Crown is UG but is it correct for this reference???
    Hands have rubbed over the dial
    Is the crystal UG signed?
    "U" seems to have half lost plating (left side)

These are -if corret- no major issues but would affect the value and the market price

EDIT: After taking a closer look at the "U" question I've realized that this seems to be factory made
    I'm sorry for this :)

Edited Jan 18, 2019
  4. SpeedTar Jan 18, 2019

Everything looks correct and legit for this Polerouter. I may have a little doubt on the crown.

If the crystal is logo engraved it would be great as they are rare.

About the caseback most of the Polerouter have a slight engravement so looks not really over polished imho.

jontrl likes this.
  5. gop76 Jan 18, 2019

I don't think that the case back is over polished just well worn.

The crown isn't correct, imo, the crystal should have the trapezoidal loupe (signed or not that's another question, i think that there are no certainties that all the original crystals had been signed)

But the case looks damaged and that is, imo, the biggest problem:

UG-11.jpg

slique12 and Larry S like this.
  6. jontrl Jan 18, 2019

No problem at all - I've since looked into the issues you spotted, all of which are valid. Appreciate your scrutiny and time!

7. jontrl Jan 18, 2019

You're absolutely right about the 1 o'clock portion you circled. Do you think that affects only the crystal, which perhaps can be repaired or replaced with an original, or the case as well - which would present a greater challenge?

And agreed on the trapezoidal loupe; was perhaps so eager that it slipped my mind.

To everyone else, heartiest thanks for lending me your experienced eye.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 18, 2019

The case damage and the obvious rub marks on the rotor...

jontrl likes this.
  9. Passover Jan 18, 2019

Welcome on board, nice avatar!

jontrl likes this.
  10. bgrisso Jan 18, 2019

This watch was discussed on eBay thread. Wrong crystal and crown noted, I'm not sure if anyone caught the case issue pointed out by gop76

jontrl likes this.
  11. Diabolik Jan 18, 2019

are we sure that is case damage? case is pretty solid where you show. that sort of damage would require a blow while the crystal is out. I expect it is more like the retention ring that is damaged or crystal that is missing a bit [​IMG] :mad:

Edited Jan 18, 2019
    Xeer and jontrl like this.
  12. gop76 Jan 18, 2019

From the pics provided, i think that the case is damaged at 1 o'clock. Look at the second picture for example. Even the ring around the dial looks damaged. If i had to bet, i would say that someone tried take off the crystal with a knife.
    I can be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but if i was about to buy this watch i would count with the case damage to value it.

jontrl likes this.