Forums Latest Members
  1. mmauldin6v92 Dec 14, 2014

Gentlemen: I'm new to your forum but not watches. I've been a member of some other sites for a very long time and am an ardent collector. I have stumbled upon a piece of watch history that is unclear to me regarding the Universal Geneve Polerouter. I have an example of this watch in stainless steel and gold filled. It is a magnificent watch to look at. This particular version has the caliber 138SS bumper wind. From what I can find, this is the less common version of this watch and the 215 micro is the more popular. Can any of you guys shed some light on these things? I've never had one before and I would like to know more about the markets for them. Thank you for your time. Mark

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 14, 2014

Pictures would be most helpful. The earliest models were called Polarouter, but that name stuck in some markets even after the switch over to "Polerouter".

All are collectible, but like most collectibles, some are more collectible than others.

I suggest reading all the pages on this website;

http://polerouter.de/index-english.htm

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

aga79 and Darlinboy like this.
  3. mmauldin6v92 Dec 14, 2014

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna read it tonight. I really appreciate it. I know in dealing with Omega and Rolex both that subtle changes in dials or movements or the printing have big impacts on values. It looks like the 215 micro is the more valuable movement with the older bumper less so. Thank you for all your help.

Polerouter 001.JPG Polerouter 007.JPG Polerouter 008.JPG Polerouter 002.JPG Polerouter 003.JPG Polerouter 005.JPG
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 14, 2014

Don't know if I agree with the above. All of the bumper and microrotor movements are pretty much the same in the market. Maybe a tiny premium for the micro-regulator 218's and a larger premium for Chronometers:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/bumper-polerouter-chronometre-jumbo-and-a-deluxe.9350/

These have separate serial numbers on the movements.

The most important factor for these watches is condition.
    gatorcpa