Forums Latest Members
  1. nzfrank Apr 10, 2018

Hi
    Is it possible to polish out scratches on a Polaris Palladium See photo)?
    Is it also possible on a steel / gold polaris?
    Thanks in advance
    Kind Regards

Palladium used.jpg
  2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 11, 2018

I have no doubt it can be done, but how much it will cost and the eventual outcome is moot. At least a couple of the scratches look fairly deep and to take the case back to a uniform depth may involve an unacceptable amount of material being removed. Also there is the risk of differential material removal during any polishing/buffing process as palladium and titanium have differing hardnesses. Finally, bear in mind that these did not come as polished, but rather had a matt finish (see attached image).

I would suggest a skilled watchmaker with experience of these models would be best to further advise. However, I'd guess they are a very rare species. Failing that, a competent jeweller who has experience in working with and finishing these metals might be your best bet.

Hope this helps

img56462269.jpg

3. 77deluxe Apr 11, 2018

I’d leave it alone. I think t looks good.

4. rafabond Apr 12, 2018

the vintage is better not to touch them, they are better with their scars than a lifetime

5. bazderome Apr 14, 2018

I wouldn't touch it either...

6. teojjsg Apr 17, 2018

Pls leave it alone. You take the risk and send it in, it might turn out worse than it looks.

Losing sleep over it? Then at least bring to Omega service center and hear their comments first.