Forums Latest Members
  1. Syczek Apr 9, 2018

Hi! Does anybody here can help me in the matter of polaris case technology? I want to know how did they make it? What technology used omega to make "gold inlay" in titanium case? How deep reaches gold into titanium case? Thanks - Martin.

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 9, 2018

I believe these cases were manufactured by Lascor. However I don't believe you will have much luck getting them to divulge their methods, specifications and processes as this would mean disclosing trade secrets (possible patented). IIRC, I think I read somewhere that the gold inlay is around 2mm thick. In addition to gold in titanium they also did gold in stainless steel and (rarely) a palladium/titanium combination. I own one of the Titane Chronographs :)

Titane on wood.jpg

3. Syczek Apr 10, 2018

4. Syczek Apr 10, 2018

[​IMG] thanks a lot :)

5. webvan Apr 10, 2018

Tako Yaki and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  6. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 25, 2018

Just a small bit of extra information. I wrote to Omega and asked "were there ever any other combinations other than gold with either stainless steel or titanium and palladium/titanium?"

Their reply (along with some irrelevant verbiage) included "I can inform you that the Polaris line has also been developed in Steel/Gold, Titanium/Gold, Titanium/Palladium and Gold/Platinum."

Gold/Platinum???? :eek:

Has anyone ever seen such a beast or has somebody in Bienne been taking non-prescription meds?

Tako Yaki likes this.
  7. Canuck Apr 25, 2018

I wonder if this might have been done by a process dentist have used. Is the process of dental amalgam still used? What with the dangers of mercury, and all.

8. webvan Apr 25, 2018

Strange, maybe they meant solid gold with Ti inlays like in the picture I took in Bienne above.

9. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 25, 2018

It's possible, but maybe there is a prototype/very rare Polaris in a gold/platinum case. Maybe (given he was often pictured wearing a Polaris) it was buried with Nicolas Hayek..........:eek: