Forums Latest Members
  1. Cootes Feb 13, 2016

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi

Can anyone give me some information on watches like these?

Any pitfalls to watch out for?

Seems to me like an fantastic watch and perfect match between old style and modern size

But I have not really seen or heard anything about these movements, any help would be greatly appreachated

Thanks
    James

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 14, 2016

Old movement put into a new case, sometimes with a new branded dial, sometimes with an old dial, and sometimes with a dial of the company that did the conversion. Can be done well, or can be done in a misleading way and with poor quality.

I personally don't have a problem with them conceptually, if they are done well and not advertised in a false way.

Cheers, Al

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 14, 2016

marriage watches. They are worth what you're willing to pay for them. If you find one that you like and want to wear buy it. If you are thinking on buying as investment then think again.

Pay close attention to the size as they are often XL....like wearing a pocket watch on your wrist.

Ironically historically some of the first wrist watches where made under exactly the same premise. Fitting a pocket watch movement into a wrist case.