Forums Latest Members
  1. Daniel Barron Dec 28, 2012

Hi new to the forum just been passed down this pocket watch from my dad who was givn to him by his dad, who my Grandad was given to him by is dad who was givin to him by a prince who he used to work for just wanted some information about this omega pocket watch. thanks dan

IMG_0161.jpg IMG_0162.jpg IMG_0163.jpg IMG_0160.jpg

2. Daniel Barron Dec 28, 2012

bump anybody help me thanks

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 28, 2012

This looks to be a pre WWI Omega pocket watch. The stem at "3" means it is a Hunter style case, with a double cover for protection. I can't see if the case was made by Omega or another company, which was common at the time

Omega made many different types and sizes of movements. It is impossible to tell which one you have from these pictures.

Try Googling "Omega Hunter Pocket Watch". Maybe you can find similar looking watches there.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

4. Daniel Barron Dec 28, 2012

on the case it as a code of 44*6512 cant tell what the 3rd number is looks like a 3 but cant tell if that helps. Found out that the watch came from french accounts (ie royalty). Will the watch be worth anything just think off insuring it thats all thanks Dan.

5. Daniel Barron Dec 28, 2012

Some more pictures to help thanks

IMG_0165.jpg IMG_0164.jpg IMG_0164.jpg IMG_0166.jpg IMG_0166.jpg

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 28, 2012

Hi Daniel, sorry can't see any thing in the photos that I can help with. If no one chimes in the NAWCC (http://www.nawcc.org/) is a good source of info for these pieces, just don't ask for a value, that's a big no no.

7. Daniel Barron Dec 28, 2012

But will it be worth insuring tho ?

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 28, 2012

OK. That's a little more to go on.

The case serial number would put its manufacture date at 1907-1913, based on this table from Omega:

[​IMG]

Case looks to be of Omega manufacture. However, all the corrosion and rust isn't encouraging.

I would think this watch isn't of great monetary value, but its value to your family is priceless.

Hope this helps
    gatorcpa

9. Daniel Barron Dec 28, 2012

Thanks

1.What would you say it was made from gun metal.

2. How much would it cost to take the rust off and a full services.

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 28, 2012

1. No clue.

2. You'd need to show it to a watchmaker experienced with pocket watch restorations. Cost can vary wildly based on location and training of the individual.

gatorcpa

11. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 28, 2012

Sentimental value would probably be the only reason to spend a serious amount on it. Unfortunately very few pocket watches are worth big money these days, your home insurance would probably cover it.

12. ulackfocus Dec 30, 2012

Okay Barron von Daniel (you're new name since your watch comes from royalty), let's see what you've got. First, it's an heirloom which means it has MUCH more sentimental value than monetary value regardless of what it might sell for. Second, it does look like a gunmetal case to me. Third, the dial is in EXCELLENT shape which is pretty rare for a watch of it's age. Lastly, you have a 15 ligne (33.75 mm) caliber S 7-17 p which should have a serial number on it somewhere. That will narrow down the year it was manufactured more.

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 30, 2012

Movement serial number is located under the dial. Be sure the ask the watchmaker to record it (or better yet, take a picture) when the watch is serviced. It will likely be in the 3 to 4 million range.

Have a great New Year, Herr Barron!
    gatorcpa