Forums Latest Members

PO Good Planet GMT arrived today!

1. FilmDave Aug 23, 2013

Count me as yet another satisfied Kringrily customer! With his help, I got my first Omega and I LOVE IT!

After lusting for the Titanium Blue PO and the Good Planet GMT at the local boutique, I had decided they were simply more than I wanted to spend. I posted my new choices on the forum (and thanks everyone for help and input!), and Kringkily sent me a message offering to help with any of the choices. I asked if he had a line on a Good Planet GMT, and any chance of a nice surprise in the price.

He delivered big time! I don't want to turn this into a commercial for him, but I just wanted to publicly thank him and the forums for all the help. I'd be wearing a compromise (but still great Omega!) right now if it weren't for this site.

Pics below.

Thanks again everyone! It's my first Omega, but I think I'm already an addict. Hopefully it's not *too* costly.... :cool:

Cheers,
    Dave

DHenri_OmegaPOGMT_ DSC_4116.jpg DHenri_OmegaPOGMT_ DSC_4121.jpg DHenri_OmegaPOGMT_ DSC_4110 - Version 2.jpg DHenri_OmegaPOGMT_ DSC_4098.jpg

watchme, genepomelo, alam and 5 others like this.
  2. Hijak Aug 23, 2013

Nice lume Dave! And also appreciate the subtlety of the orange highlights.:thumbsup:

FilmDave likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 23, 2013

Sure is purdy.

FilmDave likes this.
  4. ctime3 Aug 23, 2013

Very nice Dave. That is unique and classy. Everyone will notice it

FilmDave likes this.
  5. ctime3 Aug 23, 2013

It looks a million times better in person. The size is good in between 41 and 44.5 good luck and as they say wear it In good health.

FilmDave likes this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 24, 2013

Congrats mate! Might be your first, but it won't be your last :)

FilmDave likes this.
  7. OrangeSport Aug 24, 2013

Indeed!

Great looking watch!

FilmDave likes this.
  8. Superdoc Aug 25, 2013

LOVE IT!!!!!!

I can't get over how much I actually like this watch -- especially considering my first impressions of it in press releases and on line...

You've done a nice job capturing its beauty - but it really needs to be seen in 'person'....anyone who thinks the orange/blue is too loud needs to have one on the wrist...

And the 43mm is just perfect isn't it?!

FilmDave likes this.
  9. ctime3 Aug 25, 2013

You are correct. It has a shine in all the detail, the markers, dial, date, and bezel. I think it is the watch that people who think about it want and then they purchase a less expensive the and then the regret kicks in

watchme and FilmDave like this.
  10. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 25, 2013

I'll pencil this in for Christmas eh? Lol

Superdoc likes this.
  11. FilmDave Aug 25, 2013

That is precisely what nearly happened with me. I nearly bought a less expensive watch, but when I got the chance to buy this one at a price I could afford, I was all over it. :cool:

12. FilmDave Aug 25, 2013

It really is a great size.

And the orange/blue is really nice. It stands out, without being as bright/distracting as it might seem in pics.

13. Spy You know my name. Aug 26, 2013

Splendid GMT! Congrats. Where do you have the second timezone set to?

14. FilmDave Aug 26, 2013

Right now, I've got the GMT set to my home time zone (although in the pics above it's actually 1 hour behind -- it took me a few hours to realize the mistake).

I had read somewhere that the second timezone hand jumps each hour (in which case the top photo would have been accurate -- it would have been 5 minutes away from jumping to 1700), but it doesn't -- it's a 24-hour sweep.

15. Superdoc Aug 26, 2013

I'm pretty sure you can use ink....

FilmDave likes this.
  16. Luiz Sep 1, 2013

GMT watches always make me wonder why brands put them on diver ones. If Rolex (I guess) was the first one that developed it to pilots because of their travels, why can't brands use GMT complication on pilot/aviation watches ? Well, putting that aside, this PO is one of the most beautiful GMT/diver watches I've ever seen. It's clean, simple and classic. Already in my wish list :thumbsup:

17. genepomelo Sep 7, 2013

In Manila, omega planet ocean goodplanet foundation finally arrived ;) went immediately to boutique and tried the good planet...love the contrast blue/orange
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. khoalety Sep 7, 2013

I wonder if the GMT 43.5mm is noticeably bigger than the PO 42.5MM?

19. ctime3 Sep 7, 2013

I personally think so after seeing the new PO Good Planet in person. The titanium flatens the dial out unlike the stainless. It is definitely shinier. I like it a lot.

20. FilmDave Sep 9, 2013

Personally, I don't think the 43.5 looks significantly larger than the 42.5, especially the PO. If you compare it with the Bond watches, which don't have the display back, it will probably look / feel bigger because the display back makes the watch stand taller on the wrist -- it's overall "bulkier" for lack of a better word. But PO vs GMT are pretty darn close, IMO.

I have a small wrist and I usually go with smaller watches; but I think the 43.5 GMT is a really good, comfortable fit that looks good on the wrist. I personally avoid the 45.5 XLs, but the GMT is not those...

Of course the best way to know for sure is to try it on first, if at all possible. :)