Forums Latest Members
  1. BruceTheManLee Oct 29, 2016

Visited the OB today and finally got to see and try on the new Deep Black watches

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nixf6, ahartfie, watchme and 3 others like this.
  2. meganfox17 Oct 29, 2016

[​IMG]

Baz9614, kkt, watchme and 3 others like this.
  3. BruceTheManLee Oct 30, 2016

hahahaha!

just browsing....!!!

Pun likes this.
  4. Bushido Oct 30, 2016

I am very curious to hear your hands on impressions of them? In pictures, that black and Sedna is quite stunning!

Omeg@007 likes this.
  5. w.finkenstaedt Oct 30, 2016

Having tried the black (and eagerly waiting to see the blue), I can say it's the #1 watch on my list by far, knocking off the Ti Ploprof.

It wears very comparably to the 45.5 Ti PO on strap.

[​IMG]

SamQue, ahartfie and SmokyT like this.
  6. BruceTheManLee Oct 30, 2016

hands on impressions?

-they are larger than i expected in both width and height (i can't see it fitting under shirt cuff (unless really large diameter cuff)
    -they are lighter than i expected too
    -i wasn't a fan of the blue but the black and black/sedna gold are really nice looking on the wrist - however on my wrist it may be a tad too large
    -interesting that they included a GMT function on a dive watch
    -i'd lean all black but i'm not sold on the Deep Black yet...i'd like to see the moon phase watches as well !!!

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 30, 2016

Do not like....at all...

danicycle, ctime3, hkrauss and 16 others like this.
  8. SmokyT Oct 30, 2016

Aesthetically, mechanically, or both?

9. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 30, 2016

Our OB will contact me once it is available but i am not going to get one as the 45.5mm is too big for my wrist. Sadly!

I agree with some, Black and Sedna are best ones.

10. Nactex Oct 30, 2016

The Black and Blue look like they are trying to compete with the Rolex BLNR.
    [​IMG]

11. w.finkenstaedt Oct 30, 2016

By making a fully ceramic dive watch?

There's really no competition as they're not even remotely for the same customer.

RobSh likes this.
  12. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Oct 30, 2016

Having the Dark Side this Deep Black Collection doesn't reach my wishlist.

I wait to see the blue ceramic case.... I was told so at the boutique that there might be a blue ceramic case in near future....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

13. ac106 Oct 30, 2016

How so? Because professional divers are using a ceramic gmt planet ocean and professional pilots are using the blnr while crossing time zones.

14. Exarkun12 Oct 30, 2016

Tried it on at an OB last weekend, they were huge on my scrawny wrist! The watches were built beautifully though, the finish on it was quite impressive.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

15. w.finkenstaedt Oct 30, 2016

Because a customer looking for a 40ish mm stainless watch at under $10k is probably not looking at a fully ceramic 45.5mm dive watch over $11k.

RobSh, Nobel Prize and watchme like this.
  16. Bushido Oct 30, 2016

I agree with @w.finkenstaedt that the Deep Black is not in the same market of shoppers as the BLNR. You will have those drawn to one or the other but I doubt there will be many whom have narrowed it down to these two and cannot pick between them.

Having a Pitch Black, I'm concerned the Deep Black line will be too similar in feel to the xSOTM to justify pulling the trigger. However, I am eager to get my hands on them to find out!

watchme and w.finkenstaedt like this.
  17. BruceTheManLee Oct 30, 2016

I have the BLNR, and the Deep Black "blue" doesn't even compare. Perhaps Omega wanted a "I have blue as well". But at $11,400 for a Deep Black that's pretty steep in price for a dive watch. That's Rolex SD4K and DeepSea price range and those two watches have a higher depth rating at 1220m and 3900m, respectively, compared to the Deep Black's 600m. If compared to BLNR, its about $2500 most expensive than BLNR....personally - I'd buy 2nd BLNR over Deep Black

nima0071 likes this.
  18. w.finkenstaedt Oct 30, 2016

Having worn both (granted, in a boutique) they're definitely different on the wrist. Like a 9300 Speedmaster compared to a 45.5 PO. That said, totally understand where you're coming from. Only so many black ceramic watches a guy can have.

Bushido likes this.
  19. w.finkenstaedt Oct 30, 2016

Er, you know no one is going down even 300m, right? Also ceramic is exponentially tougher to work with than steel, even Rolexes 904L (which does nothing more than irritate my skin due to higher nickel content).

20. BruceTheManLee Oct 30, 2016

i know...
    and i've never gone diving either to be honest...
    personally, i just don't see the value in the Deep Black, but i understand everyone will have their own opinion, style, and motivations

Riviera Paradise and watchme like this.