Forums Latest Members
  1. rob541 Jan 19, 2012

I know some don't like it, but I changed it up and went with the mesh. I bought the watch this past weekend and ordered the mesh the next day. When I got home (to about 4 inches of snow) it was waiting for me.

So I threw it on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered it from Otto Frei. It may not be as hefty as the mesh that comes standard on the PO or on the Ploprof, but I like the look. Its a touch tighter than the one I had on the 42mm. I may need the extension for the one notch.

Rob

Trev likes this.
  2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 19, 2012

Sweet! First 8500 on mesh photos I've seen. :thumbsup:

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2012

I've got the same one on my Seamaster and I have to say I like it a lot more than the factory PO mesh fitted to the PO due to the open mesh links on the springbars vs the tube style fitting. I think this is the first time I've seen a Cal 8500 PO on mesh, btw if you're interested, its possible to buy the Omega PloProf clasp from Ofrei and have a watchmaker install it on the Omega vintage mesh in place of the airplane buckle clasp. I made a thread about it a while back on here though never got around to it myself. The cool thing is the Ploprof clasp is only $300 or so, but includes its own sliding micro adjust system as well as a diver's extension, so if you need a bit more length and wouldn't mind getting micro adjust as well, its worth a look.

4. rob541 Jan 19, 2012

Who wouldn't want a bit more length?! Just kidding - but I do love the micro adjust. I just blew a little more than planned on the watch so the clasp may have to wait.

Thanks for the info!

Rob

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 20, 2012

From what I've seen of the PO/8500 so far, it certainly seems like quality engineering, with a good choice of materials, textures, and colors. From a design perspective, I think it's very well executed. A lot of thought and planning went in to this. They'll really give Rolex a run for their money in the years to come. :thumbsup:

6. Steve Jan 20, 2012

That looks really nice, i'm thinking of switching my bracelet on my PO to a shark mesh.