Forums Latest Members
  1. GazzaK Jan 8, 2017

I posted this as a pm to a member here but thought it could maybe do with a wider audience- not just for me but for anyone else with the same question.

"As I don't officially get my paws on my new watch until the morning of my 40th (and from that evening I am really busy and time will be a great issue) can I ask how difficult it was to adjust the bracelet?

I've my 40th birthday party in the evening and then the next day me and my partner are getting married and then very early the morning after are flying off on honeymoon. I'm going to only have a few hours to adjust the bracelet and obviously really want to wear the watch (not just because everyone is going to ask about it, knowing what I'm like with watches) in the evening.

I've a few watch tools, including what I think is the correct 1.8mm watch specific screw driver. However I found one forum post elsewhere which was talking about the bracelet screws are thread locked and need high local heat application to remove. Hence I'm worried that I'd have to get it sized at my local omega boutique (which is close, but what with all the stuff going on might be difficult to get to)"

This is concerning the metal bracelet on a 2016 release planet ocean 600, 43.5mm.

2. w.finkenstaedt Jan 8, 2017

They're not that tough. I did them at home on my 8500 PO with no issues. Did it cross-legged on the couch, even.

If you're new to it, I'd suggest a clear table with the following tools: the 180 screwdriver, thin tweezers if you have them, a small dish for screws and pins, and a paper clip straightened out.

Unthread the screw on one side on the links you want to remove from the bracelet, then flip the watch over and repeat on the other side. Take the screws off the watch with the tweezers, and take your time. Repeat on the other side of the bracelet.

Sizing a watch properly without scratching should take you at LEAST 10-15 minutes, and that's if you're good. Plan to take a while so you're not rushed, and don't get frustrated if the screws don't turn immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GazzaK likes this.
  3. GazzaK Jan 8, 2017

Thanks for that. I think I've been overthinking as I know my time window for getting it done whilst is enough is still limited due to the evening plans.

It threw me when I read some article about threadlock, as that's something I'm less able to work with. Doing the screws is okay as I've the tools and experience