Forums Latest Members

PO 42mm 2500 Movement 2201.50.00 Bezel Click Spring

1. MrJJ Mar 26, 2020

Greetings from a new member!

Im reaching out to the forum for some help, I've searched high and low for a replacement Bezel click spring for my PO. After purchasing what i assumed was the correct part from Cousins UK, part No: 129ST0515 ( X20239 )
    These guys seem like the only other place https://www.watchmaterial.com/bezel-spring-fits-omega-seamaster-2535-80-00-232-30-42-21-01-001/ Seems this is the correct size, but wanted to check with those who know before i waste my time. My watchmaker who was doing a bezel swap, rang midway and said my bezel spring was too big.
    Now im stuck as i have no idea if there is a similar part that is compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks JJ

Edited Mar 27, 2020
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 27, 2020

The bezel click spring for this watch is 129ST0510.

Cheers, Al

3. MrJJ Mar 27, 2020

Thanks Al really appreciate the info. Just had a look and Cousins UK has it in stock

Cheers

JJ

4. Dbltap Apr 22, 2020

I may need one too. Mine seems to be slipping/rotating with my bezel. It began after a swap. Unless there is a need for adhesive to keep it from spinning.

This will work for a 42mm 2201.50 PO?

EC2CDDA1-B17B-4767-B1AB-127B1E704BDC.png
  5. Dbltap Apr 22, 2020

I figured out the issue. The tab that holds it in position sheared off. Crazy diy modding.

so on to cousins it is. Probably order a few considering... as long as it’s the correct part for the 2201.50

6. MrJJ Apr 22, 2020

Hi Mate,

This is exactly what happened to me, the small tab sheared off!
    I can only go on what Al said in my first message whether this is the correct part, he knows his stuff so id assume so.
    I'm waiting for my parts to arrive and when they do I will check the fit and let you know.

7. Dbltap Apr 22, 2020

Glad I’m not alone doing bone head mistakes. Please do let me know. Lidded my basket with a few.

I used my hockey puck method to pull the bezel. How did you do it?

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2020

When you are removing the bezel, if you grip and turn the bezel, only turn it CCW...if you turn it CW you can damage the clicks or the tab...

Cheers, Al

MrJJ and Dbltap like this.
  9. MrJJ Apr 23, 2020

Sorry to hear that Dbltap, I avoid any "DIY" bezel removals for those very reasons, I've got a local watchmaker who was in the process of a bezel swap and suggested I replace the click spring while I was at it, just so happens the tab was a bit worn out hence it breaking.
    I suspect the previous owner ( I got it in a trade ) was into a bit of DIY. I think Al made a post about " Not changing your bezel" for these very reasons, i think you got off lightly, some people try to pry it off and stuff the case up...

10. Dbltap Apr 23, 2020

I definitely read Al’s “do not pry off....”. And very glad I did. I know that I may have given a bit too much force clock wise by mistake.

Having to purchase a new bezel spring is less painful than some other mistakes I’ve made.

11. MrJJ Apr 23, 2020

True that...Bezel spring is one of the usual consumables that often break when bezel swapping.. the case on the other hand is not!