Forums Latest Members
  1. BoltUpright Jun 18, 2015

Looking for Ploproff 1200 opinions

2. maxtor71 Jun 20, 2015

Big ole watch that but I know a couple of people who wear them quite often purely because they have big wrists and it suits them. Omega has a bunch of new ones coming so if you're considering, I'd wait a while.

Max

3. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 20, 2015

I love the look and owned one briefly, but here are a couple of honest opinions: I've owned A LOT of watches over the years and this the only one I considered uncomfortable. The shape of the case seemed to constantly bang into my wrist bones. Also, setting it can be annoying due to the crown protector but also it seemed difficult to get the crown in the proper winding and setting positions. Not sure if that was unique to the actual one I owned or if it is common to the whole range. I also wish there was a non-mesh bracelet alternative. However, it is absolutely gorgeous.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 20, 2015

They've been known to increase chest hair growth, also your wife / girlfriend will think it looks idiotic. I think it looks pretty badass personally :thumbsup:

maxtor71 likes this.
  5. maxtor71 Jun 20, 2015

Never owned one but I've fiddled with my friend's watch plenty. Never found it too hard to set personally but the feel of crowns/protectors is one of those things that's very personal to each user. I hear you on the non-mesh bracelet, I'm a hairy bugger and it can be quite painful. If I ever got one, I think I'd just go with the rubber strap to be honest.

Max

6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 20, 2015

This is one of my favorite watches. I love the size and it fits very comfortably for me on my 7.25" wrist. And while it is pretty thick, even thicker than the PO 8500, I have no issue with the thickness. I did have an issue with the PO 8500 and consequently I sold that watch.

Mine is in for service at Omega. The downside I found is that not all ADs where able to service this watch. The two I checked with before sending to Omega either did not have the equipment for 1200m water proof testing, or did not have the ability to buy the movement parts.

The new ones are coming soon, and they should be substantially lighter in weight. I actually like the weight and really can't wait to get mine back, which should be in July.