Ploprof takes a hit...

In the prolonged process of recovering from my knee replacement surgery, I fell in the street whilst wearing my PP titanium. My face smashed into the street and I had to go to the ER, bleeding all over the place. The watch came off my wrist and I managed to get it into my pocket before they carted me off.

One of the springbars had become dislodged and thus the bracelet was dangling on one end of it. After I got home, the next day The Rodentwoman and I found the springbar in the street! I took it to the AD for a once over and it passed mustard.

It DID get one ding but that's it. I decided, so far, not to have the ding smoothed out, fearing distorting the lug.

I didn't break my nose, fortunately, and didn't have any brain bleeding as per the scan. The watch was a big hit at the ER; the bill was a big hit to Medicare.

I am lucky there wasn't more damage.

Like 14
Very glad that both you and the watch survived the mishap and wishing the two of you a quick recovery.

Like 6
Was the road ok after taking a hit from your ploprof?

But seriously, that sounds awful. I hope you get better soon!

Like 13
That’s terrible. Glad you are ok. In the end, that’s all that really matters but glad the watch came out relatively unscathed. I’d keep the dent as testament of the durability of the watch. Hoping for good health and happy years.

Like 2
In the prolonged process of recovering from my knee replacement surgery, I fell in the street whilst wearing my PP titanium.

I was looking for the Patek. ::facepalm2::

Sorry to hear about your fall, and hopefully you have a fast and easy recovery.

Like 2
Sounds like you got the worst of the fall, I wish you well.

Like 1
Took a few bruises...

True watch guy! Knee surgery, face plant, blood everywhere.

"You okay, mister?!"

"I'm fine... OH, CRAP, I SCRATCHED MY WATCH!"

Hope the worst is behind you and a smooth path on the road to recovery.

Like 11
Ouch, glad you're OK.

If the ER doctor is creative maybe they can bill Medicare for the watch repair?

Like 1
I am not sure if a repair would make the lug look worse, thinner? So far I am leaving it. Not happy though.

True watch guy! Knee surgery, face plant, blood everywhere.

"You okay, mister?!"

"I'm fine... OH, CRAP, I SCRATCHED MY WATCH!"

Hope the worst is behind you and a smooth path on the road to recovery.
After my big accident on my motorcycle when I totalled it and trashed my shoulder and knee ... I wouldn't leave in an ambulance until the bike was on a flatbed and on the way to the dealer. I feel him 100%. Lol

Glad you're good enough to regale us with your tale @Rodentman

Like 1
Damn looks like you did battle. Up to you of course but my dings remind me it’s my watch, that’s a little nicer though do do as you wish. They do make training wheels for bikes.

Like 1
I decided to have the ding touched up. AD did it N/C in less than a minute. Quite an improvement and the lug isn't thinned out.

Like 2