Forums Latest Members
  1. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Aug 23, 2017

Where do you recommend I find some OEM ones (preferably in the US) as most of what I see available are aftermarket? I was hopeful when I saw they were available at Ofrei site only to be told they were out of stock and "unable to supply" after placing the order.

2. ConElPueblo Aug 23, 2017

Wouldn't the ones for the current PloProf fit? Ordering through Omega shouldn't be a hassle, but perhaps I'm being naive here :)

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2017

Modern version uses different spring bars. For the vintage - 068ST9928

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Aug 23, 2017

My search for OEM ones stateside (US) has been fruitless. I may have to get some from my overseas watch enthusiast brothers/sisters.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2017

Ask a local AD/boutique...

Foo2rama, ConElPueblo and Rasputin like this.
  6. ConElPueblo Aug 24, 2017

I went to an AD and tried ordering a set of spring bars, and it couldn't be done. Apparently, it is a case part and they were only authorised to order straps/bracelets. Mind blowing.

Rasputin likes this.
  7. milhouse Aug 24, 2017

Perhaps you will have to explore the web...

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2017

The AD was lying plain and simple - spring bars are not case parts. If I look up a case on the Extranet and open up the BOM (bill of materials) for the case, you don't see spring bars listed there. You have to look at the bracelet BOM to find the spring bars listed.

My guess is they didn't want to be bothered ordering such a small item, so they told you this to get rid of you. Omega does sell accessories like bracelets, straps, etc. without a parts account, and those parts include spring bars. There are even posts I've seen on here where people go to a boutique and ask to buy them, and are given them for free...

Cheers, Al

M'Bob likes this.
  9. ConElPueblo Aug 24, 2017

I respect your knowledge a lot Al, but this was not what happened at all. The are usually great for things like end links and such and customer service is very, very good. That he couldn't order it was clear, that it was a case part was his own explanation. The watchmaker who even got the part no. and tried looking it up, but to no help. He did offer to give me a pair of spring bars, but they were the ordinary skinny type, so I declined.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2017

Well whatever the cause, the fact is that spring bars are not case parts. It seems very odd that they would be able to order end links, but not the bars to attach those end links to the watch. Once again these parts are not restricted at all - you could walk into a Swatch service center, ask for the parts department, and buy them yourself just as a person off the street...so there's no reason an AD can't order them for you.

11. ConElPueblo Aug 24, 2017

I know - my thoughts were that it could be due to the unique spring bars used on the PloProf, so I didn't really question it. That parts aren't restricted - at all - isn't something I knew either :)

12. palatine Aug 24, 2017

I asked the same question and Archer offered the same answer.
    I then ordered from cousins in the uk.

Ps thanks again Archer