Forums Latest Members

PLOPROF 1200M Master Chronometer Titanium

1. JSal16 Apr 7, 2017

I just saw that Omega released the classic diver in a Titanium case along with the updated Co-Axial Master Chronometer movement. Has anyone on here tried on this new watch? In the titanium version, does it still feel like a brick of metal on your wrist like the SS version does or is it more manageable? I love the look of these classic omegas but have never been able to pull the trigger on one based purely off it's weight. I may stop at my AD this afternoon and see if they have one with the black bezel and black face. IMO, I'd have to put on the rubber strap as that chain-link bracelet kills the look of the watch. This certainly would not be an everyday piece, but def would be fun to wear on weekends.

[​IMG]

2. w.finkenstaedt Apr 7, 2017

Feels about as heavy as my PO 45.5 titanium.

The finish on these is ridiculously good considering they're titanium. Even a titanium shark mesh bracelet and ratcheting clasp...! [emoji33]

Foo2rama and Linzer like this.
  3. straker-ed Oct 20, 2017

I was amazed how light it was, even with the mesh band. It's not a heavy piece any more.

4. Linzer Oct 20, 2017

I had the chance to try one on. It felt much lighter than my 45.5mm SS PO and that's what I didn't like about it. While I love the dial without a date, I will probably never have one. For me it's way too light. A dive watch in this size should have some weight but that's just my humble opinion.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. straker-ed Oct 20, 2017

Since I have a bit of arthritis in my wrist I've been wearing lighter watches, not saying that's a marketing line anyone will take, but for me that makes it appealing as my standard 1200m is just too heavy after a few days (better sell sometime). The only thing I wasn't keen on was the glass back and I guess the price too really. They are coming down a little but it's still early days...

Linzer likes this.
  6. stockae92 Oct 20, 2017

I tried the white dial version at OB before. Great solid piece. Really like the crown protector. and the finish is awesome.

2 things that stood out. One is the case height when worn with the mesh bracelet. The mesh bracelet, while is very comfortable and well made, made the watch looks very tall on the wrist. I think I would have liked it better if its the rubber strap, which is thick and wrapping around the wrist would hide the height of the case better (for my wrist size).

Another thing is the ceramic bezel. It works ok, but I found it to be a little "flat". I prefer the previous sapphire version. But then the long term reliability (water-proof-ness) of the sapphire bezel insert worries me a little. :p

7. straker-ed Dec 31, 2017

Well I sold my SS 1200m and am now on the scout for an orange bezel titanium 1200m, if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it very much. The cheapest I found was a seller on Ebay in the UK - watchbuyersuk, who can do duty free UK scheme stuff, as I fly to the UK in 2018 from Australia. I'll probably fly Thai Airlines via Bangkok if anyone has any other tips?

Thanks

8. DG GW Dec 31, 2017

Yes it very light so I bought the steel 1200m model. I like the weight

9. brownwld Feb 27, 2020

10. Jeeper Feb 27, 2020

Premaster and jburson250 like this.