Forums Latest Members
  1. Talha Hishma Mar 31, 2016

Hello everyone,
    I have this Pocket Watch for a very long time, it belongs to my father who inherited it from great grandparents.
    It's gold, handmade and still working as new.
    Could someone value it for me please?
    DSC07049.jpg DSC07050.jpg DSC07051.jpg DSC07052.jpg DSC07054.jpg DSC07055.jpg DSC07056.jpg

2. Talha Hishma Apr 3, 2016

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 3, 2016

Did you do any research? If so, what did you find out?

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 3, 2016

The reason for the lack of replies is not likely due to poor form on your part, but rather to the fact that the vast majority of forum members focus on wristwatches, and not pocket watches.

Furthermore, it is not easy to value a watch like yours, as relative to wristwatches, there are far fewer in circulation to compare. It is certainly a very nice example, and appears to be original. Its value would be greater than $1000, and possibly closer to $2000, but fine tuning a number is not at all easy.

A large, clear image of the dial, and the size of the case would help, as well.

Talha Hishma likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Apr 3, 2016

Hi Talha. PLEASE DON'T WIND THE WATCH ANY MORE! It probably hasn't been serviced in decades. You WILL damage the internal parts running it without a cleaning and lubrication. Don't ruin a fantastic family heirloom!

I don't know if we can give you a valuation, as we're not necessarily pocketwatch collectors as Tony mentions above. Being an 18k solid gold case certainly makes it worth a nice sum just on the scrap value of the gold.

I can tell you a little about it though. The serial number on the movement puts the date of manufacture near late 1912 or early 1913. From the picture, it looks like the movement is a caliber 17''' NN L, 19''' NN L, or even more likely because of the placement of the serial number a 43 TI L series. The caliber number can be seen on the edge of the movement near the balance wheel, which pivots on the arm that has the FA and SR on it. A clear, well lit macro shot will make it obvious.

Talha Hishma likes this.