Forums Latest Members

Please Tell Us About Forum Issues, Bugs, Your Suggestions, Etc.

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 23, 2011

We're working hard to make this the best watch enthusiast site around. Please let us know of any issues you encounter.

There's an ongoing list of items we're working on improving, so feel free to contribute any of your own suggestions. I can't promise we'll implement everything, but your comments will always be taken in to consideration.

Cheers

2. omegagmt Mar 30, 2011

How old is this forum? I have a suggestion. Like other forums, there is a post count under the avatar. To me, this lets me know not only how often you devote your time on the forum, but your experience level and knowledge of watches. High post count; you've read alot, you've been involved in alot of discussion, and you experienced different scenarios in DIY fixes and maintenance.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 30, 2011

Hi omegagmt

This forum was launched on the 24th (this month). That's a good suggestion, and something I've started to investigate. Consider it officially added to our to-do list. :thumbsup:

4. omegagmt Mar 30, 2011

I have updated my signature on the other forums to help promote this forum with this:
    [​IMG]
    I hope this is alright with you guys. If not, let me know and I will remove it.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 30, 2011

Mate we have no problems at all with you doing that, but just keep in mind that depending on the forum, some will not like you doing it because they might feel you're trying to poach their members, so while we're very much in favor of you helping us spread the word, the last thing we want is for you to get banned or in trouble with another forum on our account :thumbsup:

6. omegagmt Mar 30, 2011

One more suggestion. Have the members location under the avatar as well (by member's choice of course). This will leave the possibility for members to have get togethers knowing which members reside nearby. I glad to have join this forum early.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 30, 2011

We've also got planned the member's favorite/current watch under avatar, when we get it sorted we can add all of those to that space fairly easily. Glad to have you btw mate!

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 30, 2011

Hey! I was just browsing and it looks like Trev's been taking care of that because

<----- Location! =D

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 30, 2011

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 31, 2011

I'm wondering... maybe we miss-understood the need for international forums for now at least.

11. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 31, 2011

It's always appreciated. We're hoping to build an active community. Here's a couple of smaller promo images intended for signatures:

For sites with light backgrounds:
    http://omegaforums.net/omega-forums-light-background.png
    [​IMG]

For sites with dark backgrounds:
    http://omegaforums.net/omega-forums-dark-background.png
    [​IMG]

BBcode you can use for a site with a light background:
    Code:
    [URL='http://omegaforums.net'][IMG]http://omegaforums.net/omega-forums-light-background.png[/IMG][/URL]

BBcode you can use for a site with a dark background:
    Code:
    [URL='http://omegaforums.net'][IMG]http://omegaforums.net/omega-forums-dark-background.png[/IMG][/URL]

12. ulackfocus Aug 3, 2011

Any plans on adding other brand or theme forums as traffic picks up?

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2011

It depends really, the most obvious choice by market share and enthusiasm is Panerai, and I've considered it, but none of us are really Panerai lovers. JLC, AP, Patek and VC are all contenders but their market share probably isn't big enough to support a community, nor is IWC, or any of the German makes. What we will probably do is, as this forum has a Rolex subforum and an "other makes" sub forum, we'll keep an eye on what makes surface most, and if there's enough create a subforum here. If there is enough activity, we may then make a dedicated forum for that too.

14. Steve Aug 6, 2011

Hi,
    Having only been a member to this forum for just a few weeks I'd just like to say this is by far the best i've been on. Its easy to navigate, and the expertise and knowledge of the members is outstanding !.
    You guys are truly passionate about your Omegas, and what I find endearing is that you are truly passionate about other members Omegas too !!.
    So Ashley and Trev keep up the great work, you have my support, and judging by the daily increase of members to this site you're not alone :thumbsup:

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2011

Thanks for that Steve it means a lot to us, and Trev in particular put a huge amount of work into design and styling, we can't take credit for the knowledge there just happen to be a few truly dedicated collectors that knew and loved the brand in its former glory back in the 50s 60s and 70s, and we're happy to be here watching Omega as its rediscovering those roots with innovation, in-house movements and superlative quality into the 2010s.

16. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 7, 2011

Hey Steve. Thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad to hear you like the site design and functionality. It's exciting to see our numbers and (interesting posts) growing by the day.

Cheers to the future of ΩF :thumbsup:

17. megagem Nov 20, 2011

It would be great if it was possible to edit the thread title.

18. Wetworks Apr 2, 2012

I've noticed as of late that any thread title with new posts in it gets clipped at the beginning. Not sure why it has started all of the sudden, perhaps it's just a font issue coupled with the "jump to first unread post" arrow?

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 2, 2012

Sounds like that issue I was having, could be some caching there. Might want to try shift-refreshing a few times.

20. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 2, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to make note of it here. Which web browser (and version number) was showing this for you?