Forums Latest Members
  1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 9, 2014

2. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2014

Okay, it's a fake.

3. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2014

"Given to me by an uncle."

Classic line that almost insures it's counterfeit.

MikiJ likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 9, 2014

Kinetic movement would also be a wee bit of a giveaway mate. And subdials with day of the week, month, date? There's no question it's fake.

5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jul 9, 2014

It also insures that you weren't your uncle's favorite nephew ;-)

6. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 9, 2014

Its a fake uncle as well! Its just some bloke who comes round to nobble your single mother and gives you the watch after a fortnights worth of rumpy pumpy in thailand with your mum.

7. bigdubnick Jul 9, 2014

hahaha - thanks for the laugh...much needed and well timed.

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 9, 2014

Thanks. I have to admit that, with few exceptions, my interest in Omega ends in the 1970s so if they used a quartz movement, they could have gone kinetic (in my mind). I'm just grateful that they didn't produce that dial.

JohnSteed likes this.
  9. larryganz The cable guy Jul 9, 2014

Actually it's day of the week, 24 hour time, and date. I was given a Speedmaster with the same dial layout, but it looks much better. It's NEVER been worn and sits in a drawer, so my uncle is really mad at me for that.

DO NOT buy one of these.

Omega Speedmaster Replica day date.JPG
  10. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 9, 2014

So your uncle has whisked your mum away to thailand and all he brought you back was a fake Omega? If my fake uncle had took my mum to thailand i would have expected a fake lady. By all acounts its the best replicas they make.

TitanCi likes this.
  11. larryganz The cable guy Jul 9, 2014

Yeah, and she's on her 5th husband now, and the real step-dad's got a solid gold vintage Omega he wont sell me...

Event horizon likes this.
  12. larryganz The cable guy Jul 9, 2014

Now that I think about it, his ex-wife gave him that solid gold Omega, so all I need to do is lean on my mom to twist his arm about getting rid of all the stuff that Judith gave him. Then he'll sell it to me.

The only problem is that she's had 25 year to make him get rid of it (after Alfred, Ron, John, and Harold came Herbert the watch owner...) so, maybe I waited too long, but she'll outlive him and maybe #6 will have nice watches too.

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 10, 2014

Anyone else reported it yet?

The OP one I mean, not Larry's heirloom :D

14. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 10, 2014

i don't think this is a "fake", per se.

what i mean is that omega didn't make it but someone put a whole lot of money, time and effort into making something custom. my guess is it's a corporate logo or some such.

Orange County Choppers makes motorcycles which are technically fake but I don't think people look at customizing as "fake",,, nawhaimean?

*edit

Oh, screw this guy and the horse he rode in on. Screw his uncle too. I didn't realize he was trying to pass this off as a "legit" watch.

15. larryganz The cable guy Jul 10, 2014

Orange County Choppers doesn't put the Harley Davidson name and logo on their choppers. They do put their OC name on a BBQ joint in Kansas City.

citizenrich likes this.
  16. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 10, 2014

yeah, I just took a quick peak at it in the original post.

the watch is so far away from anything Omega makes that it seemed like an "homage" or whatever french word they use.

but, then i read the listing and realized this joker is pulling a fast one. i hope somebody drops a dime on him and nukes the listing...

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

Yea man, its 100% knockoff, there isn't a single authentic Omega part on this thing at all

18. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 10, 2014

I did.

19. baudsenseless Jul 21, 2014

20. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 21, 2014

At least they do have recourse against the auction house. If they describe it as an Omega and it is a fake, as far as I know, they are liable to refund you. I'm sure one of our members who are also members of the legal profession will be along to correct me.