Forums Latest Members

Please tell me the diamonds are not original

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 10, 2014

2. ulackfocus May 10, 2014

That might be a question for Longines.

I do know that the asking price is insane.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 10, 2014

You mean you could order them uglified from the factory?

4. ICONO May 10, 2014

I have bought a number of 'high end' watches from Monis, ( antiqes ), in the very distant past - In the old days, when he ran auctions, not 'Buy It Now'

Every one I received, was exactly as described - He had very good vintage stock then - Now long exhausted.

Therefore, I suspect the diamonds are real - But they are only 'chips'

The suggested price has a certain 'Amusement Factor'

5. ulackfocus May 10, 2014

Don't know if it came from Switzerland, was done when it arrived in NY, or it was aftermarket. I do know that diamond pattern was fairly common on Longines' Diamond Dynasty collection.

I don't doubt they're real, we're just trying to determine if the diamonds are factory original or not.

6. ICONO May 10, 2014

Dennis - This is the Middle East - I do not know, if you have ever been in 'Arabia' ? - Jordan is on the periphery - I have, extensively - But everything is 'customised'

Personalising your watch, your car, & your gun, are near the top of the list.

As someone who now teaches 'Design' - I am pretty sure the 'diamonds' have been added, at a local clients request, hence the 'piss poor' execution.

7. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? May 10, 2014

Yeah, surely Longines would have put 6 diamonds at the bottom and 9 on the left?