Forums Latest Members
  1. rkwfxd Sep 5, 2016

I'm not the smartest guy around and after hours of looking at Google images for Vintage Omega Constellation watches and not finding a match, it finally occurred to me to look for a Omega forum.

So here is the story. This watch belonged to my grandfather who passed away in 1976 so I know it is at least from the 70s. He was bored in 1901 and worked as a merchant marine during WW2 so he could have purchased it in s country other than the USA (England?) during that time.

I have found several similar watches from the 70s and 60s but nothing exactly the same.

I have photos on my desktop but can't figure out how to attached them to this post.

The things that are different about this watch are:

The style of the face - it is not a pie plate face but it does have two distinct shades or tones. The center circle is a lighter bright shade of gold while the outer portion where the "numbers" are is a darker shade.

The lettering - All of the watches I have seen read Omega Constellation on the top under the 12 position and then just above the 6 position the say Electronic.

This one has the Omega sign and Constellation and Chronometer at the top 12 position and then the words Omega Electric at the bottom as well as a stylized F 300 HZ

The band is not flexible but appears to be original Omega and it is a Date Date

And that is pretty much all I know about this watch. It is not in horrible condition, been sitting in my drawer for 40 years, but it does have wear marks.

So, does anyone have an idea of when this watch may have been made?

Any idea on potential value?

If not can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your help

2. rkwfxd Sep 5, 2016

[​IMG]

Edited by a mod Sep 5, 2016
  3. rkwfxd Sep 5, 2016

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 5, 2016

5. WatchmakerTheory Sep 6, 2016

The watch is an Omega Constellation f300. Your google search probably came up with mostly "piepan" Constellations, which largely were produced before the f300 came into production. Your watch was probably made in the later 1970s.

The watch uses an electric tuning fork movement, which was highly innovative at the time, but can be very difficult to fix.

Assuming it runs properly, it's probably worth $400 or so.

Hope this helps!

ConElPueblo and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  6. fjf Sep 6, 2016

That dial looks weird....Redial?.