Forums Latest Members
  1. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

My aunt has has had this watch for years and bought it from an estate sale. She asked if I could find more info without being there and such to open it and what have you! THANKS FELLOW Omega fans and lovers!

IMG_1353.jpg
    meganfox17 likes this.
  2. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

Would those be real diamonds if really old?

meganfox17 likes this.
  3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member May 2, 2016

Yes they could be real. Diamonds have existed for quite a long time.

These are small stones, so even if good quality there isn't going to be massive value here.

Like all women's dress watches, it'll be worth the value of the stones in the bracelet and and gold content in the case. If there's no gold and the stones aren't real then it's not worth much at all.

4. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

I know the black band is not that old.

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

I know diamonds are old...duh. If you read...I was saying if the watch was really old, then would the stones more likely be real diamonds.

Other than that thanks. It probably is gold, because my aunt's ex-husband bought it long long ago...and he wasn't the cheap type. He would have more times than not spent a lot b/c he was pretty wealthy. Not that that makes it definite.
    But what i REALLY WOULD rather know is where some OTHERS like it or close may be posted. B/c I see a huge difference in trying to find these unique ladies dress watches. And I didnt know off hand where to look and thought maybe a real Omega scholar would respond.
    But thanks for the two cent I already figured

meganfox17 likes this.
  6. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

And how much its worth is not as important as history and model info. I never asked how much it would sell for

7. DON May 2, 2016

Turn the watch over and look at the back of the diamonds.

1) If the settings that hold the diamonds are open to allow light through. Could be diamonds

2) if the backs of the diamonds have a gold coating on the back - fake

Problems with women's watches like this is they have little value. Even if the diamonds are real. Probably old miners cut and watches like these were more jewelry than watches. Gems too small have and real want value

DON

8. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! May 2, 2016

It's been a while but the impression I got from a book I have is that many of the higher-end women's watches were one-off creations by a special department at Omega. You could write them and they would have a special catalog you would be able to order from. I suspect any large-city jeweler of the era might have a few pieces in stock as well.

So, likely uncommon. Probably not worth a whole lot of extra. I found a ring in my apartment oven (!) that had 8 25pt diamonds in it, it's worth less than $50.

Tom

gatorcpa likes this.
  9. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

Ahhhh! Thanks. That makes sense. I noticed that ladies watches were like that. I'll just have to see it in person for her! Thanks Mr. Don!

10. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

Its weird...seems like it would be the other way around....so many mens are just alike...it would seem that the variety of the ladies styles would make them more valuable. I love learning this stuff...especially as a history major...you cant go by what "seems"...you have to understand the dynamics of the situations...I know knock-offs have made watches different from most other antiques (funiture, cars, etc). I am seriously thinking of writing my graduate thesis on watches and the strange history...and WHY a watch can be worth so much. I found my first Omega in an old ladies throw away box...because its not flashy and gaudy...the face was so scratched I almost missed it! ...simple and complex at the same time.

11. meganfox17 May 2, 2016

Hi @Tresdaddy

i could be wrong since i'm only an amateur Omega WIS ( with a special interest in Connies ) but that looks to me like a Sterling Silver Diamond encrusted Omega Trench ladies wristwatch from the post WW1 era , the word trench comes from the trench warfare between the British & the Germans
    During this period & ending around the time of the Great Depression , Omega sold many personel individualized watches & owned registered trench sterling silver trench watches names like Labrador, Brandt , Dominion & some Reginas. I think the 1st wealthy owner probably owns that huge estate & bought this Omega Trench Watch from a jewellary store in town.Real diamonds were made to order according to the customer's specifications.It's One of a kind so if the name of a town or state is engraved at the back casing , you may dealing with a genuine Omega Trench watch

Edited May 2, 2016
  12. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

Wow!!!! It would be cool....nice history bits!

13. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

And it
    And funny...she has a Constellation thats is her favorite daily watch

14. meganfox17 May 2, 2016

@JimlnOz keeps telling me i'm hopeless & advised me to Go Back to school to brush up on my World History since my standards are not up to "His" mark yet [​IMG]
    I just want you to appreciate the Omega trench watches from a long lost forgotten era[​IMG]
    Another example of a Trench watch [​IMG]
    The owner probably bought the watch from a jewellary store just like this[​IMG][​IMG]

Edited May 2, 2016
    TNTwatch and Miss_Bourginskay like this.
  15. Tresdaddy May 2, 2016

WOW! NICE. MY FAVORITE ERA FOR AMERICAN STYLE AND FASHION. I LOOOOOVE WOMEN WITH HAIR CUT SHORT AND FLAPPER STYLE. THE Bold and confident look of an enlightened...but sexy too...woman drives me nuts. I have always prefered women with that flair. Short hair, smoking and drinking in public, educated, sophisticated, opinionated and VERY liberal...all while being sexy. Sooooo attractive to me. Pre to Post Art Deco...it seems that was where I lived in my last life! Lol. Its why I love vintage Omegas...they are so that era! Am I right!?

Miss_Bourginskay and meganfox17 like this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 2, 2016

Without seeing the movement it could be anything. The cord bracelet in yours does give doubt to age. That cord was not on that watch long long ago.

17. mac_omega May 2, 2016

Hey gang,

the first "aunt watch" at last! :p

ConElPueblo, Tresdaddy and STANDY like this.
  18. Tresdaddy May 3, 2016

So True. She said the bracelet was brand new when she got it...I told her there is no way that is original. I said it probably had something better originally...and when it needed replacing they went the cheap route to sell it. It doesn't compliment the watch at all! Same thing with the two Omegas I just aquired recently...they both had horrible looking aftermarket bands. I mean not just cheap...but totally clashed with the watches. I know it appears that between the 50s-80s people often changed the bands b/c it was the so-called style to get rid of original things and such! Like, for example, how people would paint over nice woodwork during those years...and/or put up cheap paneling and other facades...and carpet on everything!!! Plus... things like little or no windows on homes, b/c it seemed more efficient and energy saving! Now we know better I think overall.. All original parts on antiques, fine woodwork should not be covered with ugly paint or wallpaper and huge windows that allow more natural light in! I was born in the 70s...and I knew all that stuff was wrong and ugly! I like old stuff and if I'm going to alter it...it will be to get it more like the original! I added pics of my progress...a better matching bracelet with an Omega clasp...and an original crown is on order too. It looks 100% better!

1462251775168-1196023279.jpg 14622517987972040741328.jpg
    OmegaPreuss likes this.
  19. Tresdaddy May 3, 2016

Not perfect...but way better!

20. Tresdaddy May 3, 2016

Lol!