Forums Latest Members
  1. jean92 Jul 28, 2012

Omega watch01_resized.jpg Omega watch02_resized.jpg Hi, the watch has been verified by by a watchmaker and this is the information that he gave me.
    Serial number: 320593 2939
    All 18k gold
    We believe was purchased new in 1960.

Can anyone help in identifying as we want to sell it but want the correct information before doing so ?

Thanks !

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 28, 2012

I'm guessing its a LadyMatic series, do you know what the weight of it is in total?

I have to warn you, the market for vintage mechanical ladies watches is almost non existent, someone like Ulackfocus or MSNWatch may buy a piece like this for their wives as a novel gift, but if they did, you would be looking at a tiny percentage above the melt value of the 18K gold, like 5-10% at best.

That sounds horrible given how beautiful this watch is but it really is only worth its weight in gold.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 28, 2012

I have to disagree. The Ladymatic would be written on the dial. Pretty sure it would be manual wind. Probably a caliber 48X.

The reason for this is that just like men, women like their watches larger than they did 50 years ago. The older Omega automatics and Seamasters are perfect for ladies today. There is almost zero demand for the old fashioned cocktail watches.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa