Forums Latest Members
  1. chris89 Jan 1, 2018

Hello everyone,

I really need your help! This was my Grandfather's watch. Sadly it was stolen in a home burglary last week. I'm currently going through the insurance process but have no information on it. He died before I was born, i'm 28 so I know it is over 30 years old. My grandma had it stored in a draw up until giving it to me last year, but she has no other information on it.

Any help identifying it / it's value would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Chris

IMG_6627 copy.jpg
  2. BenBagbag Jan 1, 2018

Sorry about the burglary. Watch is a common battery powered omega seamaster from the 80's. Not particularly collectible. Probably worth somewhere around $125 if it was in great condition.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 1, 2018

I don't know how anyone can come up with a valuation from one photo, but I believe these models came in solid gold cases, so for an insurance claim I would value it an awful lot more than $125.

AveConscientia likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 1, 2018

It depends on which Omega reference you use.

AJTT shows the Brest as this.

OSMB.JPG

I'd be more inclined to go for the "Classic". And based on watches of that period (not Omega's glory days) I'd say 14K plated.

OSMC.JPG

Just another example as to why you can't really trust some of Omega's information :rolleyes:.

6. BenBagbag Jan 1, 2018

I figured it is not solid gold and these are not very sought after. Threw out a number. I guess OP can look through omega seamaster quartz ebay sold listings and see if he recognizes one...

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

Classic or Brest, whichever is in the photo is the reference I was referring to.

BenBagbag likes this.