Forums Latest Members
  1. DanteDandrea Apr 23, 2017

This watch is being given to me without a box or papers as a gift and i know absolutely nothing about it. It appears to be quite banged up and possibly gold plated (to what grade i would have no idea). I have tried to look for this ,model on the internet however the dial looks different to what i have seen.

Could someone kindly lend their experience to me weather this dial appears to be a frankenstein or replacement??
    Also any thoughts or information you have to the piece would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

IMG_2589.JPG IMG_2590.JPG
  2. Woodward Apr 24, 2017

That´s a nice watch, and to me the dial and hands look original. The Seamaster Cosmic came with several different dials, and I remember previously seeing that strange font used for the numbers. If you google for picture results of "Omega 135.017" you will se more than one dial looking like yours, in different colours.

Some more information about the model can be found here:
    http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega/caliber-5/625

The added zero in the reference number (135.0017) listed on Naligazone, is due to a format change implemented by Omega in the early seventies. When you search databases for a particular watch reference, try using both formats for reference numbers with only 6 digits.

Regards

3. Edward53 Apr 24, 2017

This type of dial has come up at least once on here, can't say exactly where but it was only a few months ago. The consensus was that it's a legitimate variant. Shame about the damage to the back but it's still a good watch.

4. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

Thank you so much for the responses and your experience. It has helped me a lot.

I just received the watch today and got a better strap for it (stamped leather- but cool anyway)

5. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

Also I noticed there is no omega logo in the plastic cover, so I presume it has been replaced over its lifetime.

IMG_2609.JPG
    Woodward likes this.
  6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 24, 2017

7. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

Vitezi likes this.
  8. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

This is also my first ever true vintage watch -apart from a hosam pocket watch given to me by my grandfather.

Walrus likes this.
  9. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 24, 2017

FYI "tool107" references the omega tool number to open the case. Not sure why a limited number of watches have this.

DanteDandrea likes this.
  11. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 24, 2017

Looks like the Omega logo is in the centre of the crystal to me
    Very cool dial by the way

DanteDandrea likes this.
  12. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

Thank you, I must be blind I can't seem to see it. Perhaps because I have no experience

13. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 24, 2017

Here you go
    Unless that's just an interesting 'horseshoe' shaped scratch...;)
    IMG_2358.PNG

14. DanteDandrea Apr 24, 2017

Holy crap that's tiny!!! Wow I can see it now- Thank you!!

Vitezi and Peemacgee like this.
  15. toth6570 Apr 14, 2023

Good Morning Omega Cosmic enthusiasts! I am new to the club and recently purchased the same watch as above online. It is not in perfect condition as it has a small scratch on the dial, and some other wear and tear but I liked the Jeffersonia dial and I am happy with it.

My questions is, I have read that Omega watches should make no sound ... yet although this watch with mechanical movement keeps perfect time, if i hold it very close to my ear I can hear quiet ticking ... does anyone else with this model hear that or is this an issue?

omega back.jpg Omega front.jpg Omega.jpg
  16. hansaboy Apr 14, 2023

17. theluckyluke Apr 14, 2023

Very interesting numerals! In the first picture I initially thought the 8 was a X and the 10 was a III :D

18. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 14, 2023

Not sure where you read this, but I assure you Omegas do tick audibly.

Walrus and Spacefruit like this.