Forums Latest Members

Please help me to get more info on this Zenith

1. bimbim1207 Jun 12, 2018

Hi OF Zenith members,

Recently I acquired this Zenith from a seller in UK, but frankly I can't find any info (yet) about this watch online, but it has a nicely aged dial that I thought would look good on my wrist, so I went for it kinda blindly. The watch measures 35mm without crown, polished teardrop lugs, polished bezel, brushed case, with unsigned crown which I think is not original, running on Zenith 106 manual wind movement, Serial No. is 355XXXX but there's no model number on the caseback (original to the watch, too, I suppose).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've seen this with white dial (aged to yellow) once on ebay previously, I was offered $500 for it but I couldn't purchase due to some reasons, it eventually sold for ~$600, appeared later on on Instagram under a dealer's account.

Recently after I posted mine on Instagram (@hoangkhoi1207), the owner of the previous mentioned watch, contact me to ask more info about this watch and stated he bought that same watch for ~$1.3K.

[​IMG]

Anyone has any input on this is much appreaciated, and I would love to know which original crown can this fit so I can replace the generic crown I'm having here.

Thanks
    Kevin

vujen, MMMD and Syrte like this.
  2. vujen Oct 11, 2018

I recently saw this watch on IG and I am curious too about their ref. Do you guys have some infos about it?

bimbim1207 likes this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Oct 12, 2018

I remember very well the white one when it sold on Ebay, I was tempted too, and then I also saw it on the dealers' Instagram account (Omega Enthusiast). As usual with dealers he sold it for about 2.5 times what he bought it for.

The black one is great,congrats ! And dibs ! (but not any time soon as I'm dibsed out ;))

PS -agree about that crown, you need to get that changed and get something that's more flat !

Sorry I can't help more on the query, except to say ZEnith has an archive service for 120 Swiss francs. Not sure it's worth your while.

bimbim1207 likes this.
  4. CaptainWinsor Oct 12, 2018

What you have is the caliber 106 P-6. P is for the beveled edge and 6 is for incabloc. 106 was used in many watches during 1940-50 period. I’m surprised to hear one sold for over 1k. Interesting that it is stamped Zenith Watch Co

bimbim1207 likes this.
  5. Dan S Oct 12, 2018

Great catch! That's a very appealing watch.

bimbim1207 likes this.
  6. bimbim1207 Oct 14, 2018

The white dial is exactly the one I was talking about, I was tempted, too :) and noted on the DIBS :)

7. bimbim1207 Oct 14, 2018

sorry, not getting the "bevel edge", can you explain more on this, thanks! @CaptainWinsor

8. S.H. Oct 15, 2018

CaptainWinsor and bimbim1207 like this.