Forums Latest Members
  1. Zach1788 Dec 27, 2016

Ladies and gentleman, I recently acquired this 34mm vintage Seamaster in 14k solid gold from Govberg Jeweler, however, I cannot find any information on this particular model. They listed this piece with the reference number of G6546. I have scoured the Internet trying to find out more information about this piece, but I haven't had any luck at all. Any input and help is appreciated. Thanks.

700.jpg 700-1.jpg
  2. Speedmasterfan88 Dec 27, 2016

Hi Zach and welcome to the forum!

This looks like an OJ2577 Seamaster to me. Mechanical Bumper Movement should be inside.
    The Bumper movements are the predecessors of our today's automatic movements.

You can find more info about the watch here:

http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega/caliber-3/cal-354/ck-2577

Only way to be certain thou is to have it opened up by a watchmaker and take a picture of the movement and inside of the caseback (there you will find the reference number).

Cheers,

Max

3. mac_omega Dec 27, 2016

Very thoughtful answer from you!

Have you ever read the OP description carefully?

He clearly states: "They listed this piece with the reference number of G6546"

So why do you cause confusion with your post?

4. Speedmasterfan88 Dec 27, 2016

Yes I read the OP post.

Have you ever reaserched G6546 on google?

Omega Heritage and Naligazone will come up dry.

I said "it looks to me like" not "this is a"
    Also stating that he needs to open it up to be sure.
    Dial Layout matches 2577 btw. G6546 should have straight hour indicies all around (at least the ones listed for sale atm have this layout and not OP's).

If you are so concerned with the OP and the "confusion" I caused, you'r welcome to share some knowledge about G6546 and maybe op and I can learn something here.

5. mac_omega Dec 27, 2016

What additional information do you need?
    I think you have already got most information yet.
    1) it is a Seamaster
    2) case is made of 14K gold
    3) it is an automatic
    4) ref# is G6546

The movement has been exported to the US where it was encased into a 14K case of national production (due to custom regulations on precious metal...). Hence the reference number which is typical for US watches of that kind in that era...
    The watch should be very similar to Swiss encased Seamasters - differing with the ref.number

hope this helps to answer your questions...

6. Edward53 Dec 27, 2016

The dial has been refinished.

7. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 27, 2016

Very badly.