Forums Latest Members

Please help me identify this Longine

1. jobberone May 3, 2012

It says its a Longines Flagship which I have no reason to disbelieve. I have no idea how old it is or how much its worth. I don't have the tools to remove the back cover which is SS. There is no patina so I don't think the watch is that old. It keeps good time. Don't know what else to say. I'm definitely not a watch person. DSC00699.JPG

2. ulackfocus May 3, 2012

Welcome to Omega Forums. That's a 60's gold capped Flagship with a manual winding 28x caliber inside (probably a 285). They look like the correct hands and I bet the crown is original too. These are nice watches, but not quite as sought after as the older manual versions with the caliber 30L (subdial seconds) and 30LS (center sweep seconds). Did you inherit it, buy it, or are you considering buying it?

3. jobberone May 4, 2012

Thanks very much. It was given to me and I want to sell it. Any idea of its worth? I've got an Omega I want to sell as well. I'll put a couple of pics up in the Omega forum. Thanks again.

4. ulackfocus May 4, 2012

These sell for $200 - $350 usually, a little more if serviced. It's a given that yours will need service since it probably hasn't been done in a long time. You can check eBay for completed listings under Longines with the key word Flagship for an idea of recent prices (use the ones in green - real sale prices, not the ones in red).

Best to list them in the sales forum when you want to sell them.

TropicConnie likes this.