Forums Latest Members
  1. cebo0o Feb 23, 2013

Hi,

I am new to this forum and therefore I thank you for welcoming me.

I own a vintage omega for which I need help to identify the model. The reason for that is that it is mounted on a generic aftermarket strap, and I would like to replace it for one as close as possible to the original.

References are :
    Cal. 283
    Case 2792-4sc
    S/N 14301290

Here are pictures of the dial, movement, and case back :

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

By searching the omega vintage db with those references, I get to this model :
    Reference OT 2792
    International collection : 1954
    MovementType : Manual winding (mechanical)
    Caliber number : 283

[​IMG]
    Searching the net, the closest looking I could find was this one.

Thanks for your help !

2. ulackfocus Feb 23, 2013

Hi cebo0o. The reason you're having trouble finding another identical watch is that your dial has been repainted and no longer has the original Omega finish or fonts. However, a strap with an 18 mm width at the lugs should fit.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 23, 2013

Also, you already know the Model. It is a 2792-4 Seamaster. It has no other name.

4. cebo0o Feb 23, 2013

Hi ulackfocus, hi cicindela,

Thanks for answering me. So my dial was repainted... Well, I didn't know. It is an old watch and I don't have the whole history. As I couldn't find a matching one, I thought there may be several dial versions for this model.

Anyway, the hands, indexes, hour markers match the one returned by omega vintage database.

The original seems to be a simple flat leather strap. I'll look for that.

5. sohail Dec 7, 2014

Hi I need information of the original dial size and shape of the dial this case takes. Regards