Forums Latest Members
  1. yemosaurus Jul 21, 2013

For my 21st birthday my mother gave me a watch that belonged to my grandfather. At the time I knew Omega watches were quality watches, but the case wasn't 55mm, so I put it in a watch box and stored it in the bottom drawer of my desk. Fast forward seven years and tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt, i now have found my appreciation for watches and have the means to start a collection. I would like to find out more about this watch, so here i am. I have a few questions:

1. What type of watch is this? Seamaster? I am assuming it is from the 1960s per the watch band, and I believe it has a 'bumper' automatic movement. I don't want to open the case myself, as i do not know too much about the mechanics. The case is 32mm and it has 16mm lugs.
    http://www.lawrencejeffrey.com/esta...ch_band_10k_gold_and_ebony_c1960s-P11494.html

2. Is patina desirable in vintage watches? This watch looks like the hands have some patina or rust should i replace it?

3. What type of servicing will this watch need? It works like a charm now.

4. The watch band is way to small, i was thinking of replacing it with a calfskin or lizard band, any recs?

Thanks

IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1284.JPG IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1281.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 21, 2013

Can you post a picture of it?

3. yemosaurus Jul 21, 2013

Sorry. See above.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 21, 2013

I like the 'diamond' markers in your watch. It is from Omega 'Automatic' line, not Seamaster.
    With sub second, probably it has Cal 342.