Forums Latest Members
  1. marius.m May 3, 2015

Hello guys,
    I am new here so please be gentle,
    I have been looking around to buy my first omega : ) and i came across something interesting. Local auction (I'm in Australia) will be selling off a vintage omega watch case with no bracelet between scrap gold. They have only provided one low q picture, and that is basically all info i have about it untill i will see it in lot inspection tomorrow... I believe it might be a Seamaster automatic 14k gold, from around 1957? But i might be horribly wrong. I was hoping someone could help me identify it, and maybe give some tips on checking it tomorrow. I have read some of threads here and you guys seem to be really knowledgable. Any help is very appreaciated.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 3, 2015

Do you have that one photo? "Seamasters" can go for between $10 and $4000 depending on dozens of factors!

3. marius.m May 3, 2015

[​IMG]

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 3, 2015

That omega on the left is a lady's watch. If it is solid gold, it is worth melt value plus $50?

5. marius.m May 3, 2015

oh ok. Didn't realize that was ladies watch, from the picture...Thanks man. How come so cheap?

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 3, 2015

Women's watches aren't highly valued by collectors. Supply/demand. The only intrinsic value in any watch really is the gold. (So why on earth did I pay $$$$$ for stainless steel watches.....)

7. tamura May 3, 2015

Stupid collector?:D

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 3, 2015

Plural. Not just me!