Forums Latest Members
  1. frqnj Mar 19, 2016

Dear forum members,
    I have recently rediscovered a vintage omega constellation calendar automatic chronometer circa 1967-69. It's a very special piece for me in respect to sentimental value. It was purchased by my grandfather in Geneva, Switzerland on vacation in the above posted date range. I was hoping you could help me identify the reference number model and calibre. Any further knowledge about rarity and worth would also be appreciated. Additionally, I do not know its service history but I know it has spent well past twenty years in a safety deposit box. The watch still runs although the rotor is noisy when listening held closely. I would also greatly appreciate advice on restoration/servicing.
    I have a video that I believe much better displays the watch. I can send that upon request as I don't see a way to upload it image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Peemacgee likes this.
  2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 19, 2016

It should be a 2943/2954 from the 1950s with a Cal. 504. Very nice piece!

cristos71 and frqnj like this.
  3. frqnj Mar 19, 2016

Thank you Sir. Any advice on where I can get this services in the states and what and what not to have done. Also how does one position the crown to wind or to set date. I don't think there's a quickset date. I'm a noob when it comes to vintage watches and wristwatches in general but have recently become very interested.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 19, 2016

Mmm, while most people in New Jersey have quartz watches, we should be able to find a proper watchmaker to help you. Standby.

frqnj likes this.