Forums Latest Members
  1. Pep Jun 26, 2015

Hello everybody,

I inherited this watch when my dad passed away back in 1997. I do wear the watch and have serviced it a couple of times over the years, but it has never occurred to me to find out more about it until now.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could shed a little light on the watch. I have looked up the forums and on google and I think it's a 1970s watch, but the hour markings and date mechanism are a bit different so I'm not terribly sure if it is even an original. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of the insides or the back of the case.

Thank you in advance.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 26, 2015

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You have a nice "Sparkly" there, looks to be in good condition and I'm sure some others will be able to offer better advice.

You've done the right thing keeping it serviced and I'm sure you enjoy wearing it.

Cheers

Jim

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 26, 2015

Cal 752, its not the normal sparkle dial but rather the C-Case style one which is a bit different, its very late 1960s / very early 1970s. The movement is excellent the final evolution of Omega's 500/700 series which is considered one of Omega's best movement families.

The reference number is 166.064

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jun 26, 2015

The dial looks repainted to me. Bad mis aligned at 11. 12 and 1 o'clock

5. Pep Jun 26, 2015

Thanks everybody for the input. I'll make sure to take pictures of the insides when I send it for the next service. As for the dial, yeah, it's a bit misaligned, will get that fixed too.

hoipolloi, what do you see that makes you say it's repainted? If it is, it must have happened when my dad still had it.

6. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 26, 2015

Oh, I do not think it is repainted. It might be the indexed glass ring that is misaligned. Or the movement is loose. This reference has an extra chockabsorbing system - rubber bits if I do not remember incorrectly. They could be missing or disintegrated.

Edit - when looking at it the last is most probable. Look at the distances between the lume dots compared to the outer ring. That makes for the misalignement.

Mine had a similar problem before getting serviced - look how the dial does not sit tight against the outer ring on the right side.

[​IMG]

Edited Jun 26, 2015