Forums Latest Members

Please help identify Swiss unmarked gold watch circa 1920, maybe for export to Russian market?

1. 489G Jun 1, 2016

Hello,

may I request your help in identifying this small unmarked ladies gold watch, possibly made around 1920?

The dial numbers are worn out, I don't know why. maybe water got in. This is definitely not a waterproof watch!
    The back gold cover is very very soft, not rigid at all. Obviously, the minutes hand is set to the correct time when the small lever on the side of the watch is pressed in and the crown is simultaneously turned.

Some hallmarks are present on the inner cover, possibly the mark of a 14 K gold "squirrel" on the right, plus "56 - 14K- 0.585", if I am reading it right...

I read here (http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?...u-ever-come-across-gold-fineness-mark-56-ONLY) that "Swiss watches intended to be exported to Tsarist Russia show the 56 along with either a 14K (or sometimes 14 C) and/or a decimal (.585) mark".

So maybe this watch was intended for export to Russia?

Can anyone identify the other hallmarks? The one of the left of "56...", the one below "56..." and hopefully the manufacturer/date of production by the serial number 143419 ?

Can someone discuss the mechanism and possible number of rubies?

Thank you!

IMG_8630.jpg IMG_8631.jpg IMG_8632.jpg IMG_8633.jpg Markings.png Open Cover.png
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 1, 2016

3. 489G Jun 1, 2016

Thank you. I will post the thread there.