Forums Latest Members
  1. vintagediva Aug 10, 2015

I would like to get some information on this vintage Omega ladies watch.
    I acquired it from a gentleman who lived in Austria and moved to the US in the 50's.
    Serial #7032693.
    Marked inside case: 0.925 & #6670607.
    There are also a few finely etched numbers inside the case.
    It measures approximately 24mm in diameter.
    Thank you! om 21.jpg om 20.jpg om 2.jpg om 6.jpg om 5.jpg

Edited Aug 10, 2015
  2. mac_omega Aug 10, 2015

Nice watch! Looks all original to me.

3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Aug 10, 2015

Hi Diva and welcome to the forum!
    You have a nice watch made from 1920-1923 (7 million serial #) with a sterling silver case (0.925 or is it 0.935?) with the standing bear silver hallmark.
    The case is also numbered but doesn't tell us much.
    The finely etched markings were probably made by watchmakers upon servicing, I couldn't tell much from the photo's.
    I feel the value is unjustly minimal (100 US$) as women's watches are not followed much.
    I hope it is priceless to you as I find it quite beautiful.

reficul_x and vintagediva like this.
  4. vintagediva Aug 10, 2015

Thank you for your help!

5. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Aug 11, 2015

Hi
    Nice little watch. It looks good to me also, however, I'm surprised by the case/movement serial numbers. On all original Omega watches I've seen, case numbers were higher than movement one. Do you now if the movement has been replaced at some time?

I suppose the movement is a 19.4. What's its size?

6. mac_omega Aug 11, 2015

Yann,

I thought the same for a long time until I had to learn it by spending some money...
    Bought a watch as a movement donor to replace a movement with (what I thought) too high serial number.

The "enlighting" came when I pulled and extract for another watch of similar age with the same serial number "confusion" - it turned out to be all original.

Then I subsequently ordered an extract also for the "first" watch and voila: it was correct also!

Sometimes it takes some time to learn, but as always with Omega: never say never...

regards
    Erich

TNTwatch and UncleBuck like this.
  7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 11, 2015

This watch is from an era where the Omega dating chart seems to be in conflict with itself:

[​IMG]
    As you can see, the 7 million serial number range for movements started in 1920 per the chart above. The 6.6 million range on case numbers would also be around 1920, based on extrapolation.

Now I always thought that the "1920" date was actually a typographical error, and really should be "1930". However, the facts on your watch seem to contradict that theory.

It's a shame that the low value of the watch doesn't warrant getting an Omega Extract of the Archives. You could pose the question regarding the dating chart directly to Omega.

Another Omega mystery,
    gatorcpa

8. OMTOM Aug 11, 2015

May I suggest a 23.7S T1?

And as such, in those days not necessarily only a lady’s watch (although it seems this one was). I would put the value higher than UncleBuck suggests (I would offer more!).

Tom

9. mac_omega Aug 11, 2015

Yes, it looks like a 23.7 but I think it is a woman´s watch due to the small soldered lugs and the typical slim bracelet...

10. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I am not a watch expert and know very little about watches.
    I am following everything so far!
    I'm not sure if the movement was ever replaced.
    I was planning to sell it on ebay but from your feedback it doesn't seem to have much value.

11. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

At first I did think it was a men's watch. The owner's wife was a nurse so I was thinking she changed the band for that purpose.

12. OMTOM Aug 11, 2015

If you wish to sell it, I don’t think you should be deterred. As I wrote above, I’m afraid I don’t agree with UncleBuck’s low estimate. Assuming you have an original 23.7 in a silver case, I think it would sell. If you wish to send me a PM, we could discuss it.

As Tire-comedon asked above, what is the size? It would be nice to confirm the movement.

Tom

13. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

do you mean the diameter of the case?

14. OMTOM Aug 11, 2015

Yes. That will be sufficient to estimate the diameter of the movement. But if you can measure the diameter of the movement, it is probably 23.7 mm
    Tom

15. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

ok I'll measure the movement

16. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

Yes I would say it's 23.7 mm

17. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Aug 11, 2015

Even with a 23.7, it would remain a women's watch. I've seen many of these little watches with a 23.7, and have one or two in my collection. I'll post pictures and catalogs extracts this weekend.

18. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

Thank you!

19. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Aug 11, 2015

I hope I am wrong about the value as I think it is beautiful, but I am afraid the stigma of a "Women's watch" would drive this lower.

Take the bracelet off and label it "Trench style" and I bet it would go for 3 times as much.

OMTOM likes this.
  20. vintagediva Aug 11, 2015

I will definitely take the bracelet off when I list it on ebay.
    Thank you all for your advice - you've been so helpful!