Forums Latest Members

Please help find lost watch of great sentimental value

1. bimoley27 Apr 20, 2016

A much treasured Omega watch has been lost, it belonged to my father and think the strap must have just broken or a bar spring gone. To me it was worth so much more than market value. I'd really like to find a replacement of the same model but have scoured the internet and can't find any reference to it online, until I came across an image of it on this website and someone had helpfully posted that it was an Omega Deville model ST1962432. If the original can't be found does anyone have any ideas how I might go about finding a replacement? Would really appreciate any help. It looks like the one in the photo.

Edited Apr 21, 2016
  2. lillatroll Apr 20, 2016

There is one on nikiasgold. Com or you can try chrono 24 . Com
    Type in the reference number plus for sale in Google. Good luck with your search.

3. bimoley27 Apr 20, 2016

Thanks very much, that's helpful. The one on nikiasgold is steel and gold and my dad's was 18k gold, but will keep looking on those two sites. Nothing comes up with a search of the reference number yet but will keep trying!

4. lillatroll Apr 20, 2016

You could try auction websites like the salesroom.com. I think you can enter specific items and they will let you know if your search comes up. Many watch shops such as goldsmiths, a UK based shop, have a pre owned sales section on their website. Someone like kringkily, who is a member here could help too, he might be able to find one for you. His reputation here is second to none so you would be in safe hands. Good luck with your search.

5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 20, 2016

I suggest that you will always know that any replacement is not your father's watch. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Tom

6. bimoley27 Apr 21, 2016

Thanks for the auction advice and will get in touch with kringkily and thanks Tom, I know but it just might be!

7. Dash1 Apr 21, 2016

Do you have any service papers etc... that show the serial numbers? If so you could probably get them noted on a police report and reclaim the original when it eventually comes up for sale. It's a long shot but worth a try.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 21, 2016

Tom was right, it will never be the same.

And even if you try to find your original (that's if you have serials etc) it could become an obsession.

To retain the memory of your Dad, why not look around for a birthdate watch, something you imagine he would have bought for you when you were born.

I'm sure your arrival far outweighed any watch he was wearing so just get something YOU like the look of, possibly with some date connection to either of you and wear it in his memory.

9. bimoley27 Apr 21, 2016

Thanks Ash, unfortunately don't have a serial number but the loss is logged with the police in case its handed in locally.