Forums Latest Members

Please Help! Advises for first time omega vintage watch buyer?

1. lovevintageomega Apr 17, 2014

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different vintages watch for a while I have small wrist so I think vintage watch is perfect for me (<35mm). I have been drooling over these models. Gold case with black/white dial, or SS case with black/white dial, with a clean simple design. My budget is about 1k. It takes me some courage to pull the trigger because I don't know much about watch. I'm worried to get a fake/redial or not original parts, crown, movement etc. Where should I start? Thank you for educating me!Sorry If I didn't give photo credit!

tumblr_mm29nkBsIf1royoxho1_500.png img_69871.jpg $_57.JPG $_57 (1).JPG
  2. Georgieboy58 Apr 18, 2014

Regarding the last two, use the forum search to look for the term "ocwatchco".

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 18, 2014

Mate I'd back away from those and start by narrowing down first exactly what you want. Look through the WRUW thread and see what models you like most, or go through http://blog.omegaforums.net/ and see what jumps out at you, once you've narrowed down what you like, you can start researching that specific model and style more and get some more help. You have to be patient, if you rush you'll end up spending your $1k on something sub-par, if you take your time and buy the right watch you will be very pleased with the result.

CanberraOmega likes this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 18, 2014

And of course keep an eye on the For Sale thread here. A few things like the first couple have come up recently in that price bracket

5. alvaropinto Apr 18, 2014

I totally agree with dsio. Don't rush, it might lead you in to a very unpleasant experience.
    Be especially careful with fakes, frankies and co...

6. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Apr 18, 2014

The ones I would go for are the first 2 in the first pic. Those were Kyle's at one time. Just post any watch you are interested in and we will help.

7. lovevintageomega Apr 18, 2014

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I definitely love sub second with Arabic number, white dial. And ref recommend?

x50345-beacea8c7218ad5c37fbeadc18a4af50_jpg_pagespeed_ic_LchR69aTOU.jpg
  8. alvaropinto Apr 19, 2014

That's a lovely thing!

9. Hotwheelbill Apr 19, 2014

Thank you.
    I found this 30T2 on ebay and looked thru the sellers online store, in Israel, to find another to buy together. Not a great deal on the other watch, but this one made up for it. Now on a dark brown lizard strap.

lovevintageomega , it takes some looking, but you can find two of these watches for your budget.