Forums Latest Members

Please give me advice for this Omega Constellation (selling on Ebay)

1. lifefullpassion Jun 8, 2014

Dear all,

I'm very new to Omega and want to buy an Omega constellation with the original mag window.
    This is being sold on Ebay.

Through the picture, I feel something not good (for example the crown with Omega sign),...but I'm very new and it is just a feeling. Could you please have a look and advise?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141308172829?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks a lot.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 8, 2014

The magnifier might be the only thing original on that watch (or more likely its a replacement part too). That watch is wrong on almost every level from the movement to the case to the trashed dial. Whoever bid $399 on it is backing a lame horse.

Usually even a franken or redial has some things going for it, this thing has zero positives. BTW if you want the original magnifier window, its a plastic crystal, costs like $40, buy whatever Connie you want then get your watchmaker to install one.

lifefullpassion likes this.
  3. lifefullpassion Jun 8, 2014

Thank you very much. I'm totally new to this area and learning. Could you please also advise the link for buying that kind of crystal?

Thanks a lot.

4. lifefullpassion Jun 8, 2014

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 8, 2014

Similarly bad redial, polished hard too

lifefullpassion likes this.