Forums Latest Members
  1. mac_omega Sep 17, 2016

Hello members,

does anybody happen to have dated (or filled in) Omega (warranty) papers from end of 30ies till 40ies?

Any photos would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Erich

2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Sep 17, 2016

Here is an example of one from 1933 I had with a watch (not sure that they were issued together but it is a correct 30's warranty paper). Incompletely filled in (no serial number) but dated and stamped. I don't know until when it was used. :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mac_omega Sep 17, 2016

Thank you Yann,

I am aware of this one. I think they ran at least all along the 30ies... I have one dated 1939.

Was it the only one in the 30ies?

But what was in the 40ies?

I hope that others chime in...::popcorn::

4. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Sep 17, 2016

Right. I also have a leaflet of warranty cards that is a kind of mystery for me.

Two out of the twenty cards have been used with 1960 and 1963 years noted on the counterfoil. However, I have doubts because the words 'L'heure exacte pour la vie' ('exact time for life') printed on the cover of the book was used on Omega advertisings between 1930 and 1946, but was obsolete in 1960. I suspect that a dealer used an old certificate in 1960 and 1963; two watches sold with those certificates in three years, it was not frequently used, it could be because the dealer did not sell a lot of Omega, or because he used it when he didn't have the correct form or when he sold old models still in stock? I suppose we'll never know.

I would rather see it used in the 40's, but have no evidence If someone has this kind of certificate with a date, I would be interested to see pictures.

Here is the certificate
    [​IMG]

Here is the cover :
    [​IMG]

I hope it can help.