Forums Latest Members

Please Be Alert For Scams On The Sales Forum!

1. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2013

Be very cautious about any listing from a new member, especially if it's a price that's uncommonly cheap. Also check eBay to see if the photos in the listing here are stolen from any eBay auctions.

Keep that watch piggy bank protected!

2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2013

I don't want to sound discriminatory, but perhaps some policy is in order, such that one must amass a certain number of posts before being able to list something FS. Just so he/she isn't a complete unknown.

MKelley and X350 XJR like this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2013

This annoys the living daylights in to me.... all they have to do is reach that post count and its lifted, then they can post their 'fakes' etc kinda defeats the object. Remember a forum has 'lurkers' who then register and don't post all the time, then the time comes where they want to list something and they cannot.

The main thing i have noticed on here as opposed to other well known forums is that every member is looking out for one another preventing the possible purchase of a dud.

I also find that the members on here are way more welcoming ;)

SUGGESTION:

How about a new post area just for duds with categories for the Omega models so if its a seamster you post the watch name as it is being sold and the link as opposed to just a link from eBay etc. Almost like a reference library of duds. For other brands like Rolex etc you can simply just do the same minus the different model sub categories. That way someone who thinks a watch on eBay could be dud, list the seller, the link and the model so if you do want to look through to see if a watch is fake you can see the link and all the information there.

so for example..

OMEGA:

Seamaster
    Speedmaster
    DeVille
    Constellation
    Vintage
    Other (for Dynamic, Railmaster, Flightmaster etc.

Thoughts?

kendrick likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2013

Yeah, but not if you're a spammer or scammer. There was a dude this morning that got busted in less than 45 minutes and he got the equivalent of being tossed out a window.

Good on paper; too much potential work in reality.

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2013

it surly can't be that much work!? Set up the threads and let the members post it's no different to a member posting as the do now just in any other category.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2013

I don't mind it in principle the trouble is you end up with new members complaining they cant list a watch, then they make 30 "nice watch" posts in random threads to meet their quota.

SpikiSpikester and DLT222 like this.
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2013

Yes, I once made 17 contributing posts on a forum over a period of respectable time and then posted a good deal on a mint watch. It was yanked immediately and I was told sorry, I needed 20 posts. I never went back there again.

8. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2013

I usually try to wear out my welcome. Sometimes that takes more than 7,000 posts though.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2013

Cut you he will.
    yoda-1.jpg

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 17, 2013

What.........2 days?

:)

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2013

Is that an Aussie joke?
    After many weeks if you must know, plus it was a new forum.

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 18, 2013

I almost become the victim.:eek:
    Thanks for the detective work and quick cut off......::rimshot::

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 18, 2013

Sorry, should've used ;-) instead of :)

14. ulackfocus Apr 19, 2013

Hey, he had me thinking I was getting a deal too, but things didn't add up.

BTW, we just gave the boot to another scammer this morning too. There's no such thing as being to careful.