Forums Latest Members
  1. rysio24 Feb 14, 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I'm fresh here so first of all I would like to say Hi to everyone!
    I would please for your advice concerning this Omega.
    I'm looking something vintage and perspective i.g. for future present for my son what You think about this Omega?

Thanks a lot for your comments

Grzesiek

Omega_1.jpg Omega_2.jpg Omega_3.jpg Omega_4.jpg Omega_5.jpg Omega_6.jpg
  2. cristos71 Feb 14, 2016

Hello and welcome!

I think it is first interesting if you provide a bit more information, what do you you think and like about this particular watch? Out of all the thousands of Omegas out there why this one? Why an Omega in the first place? Does your son even like vintage watches?

I´ll give you my opinion on the watch for what its worth, I find it a very tired example of a ref 14714. The dial has a patina which is not particularly attractive, the case has heavy wear to the gold, just look at the lugs. An non original crown which doesn´t match the case colour and a movement which looks to have some corrosion. Overall a poor specimen and not a watch that I would either consider or recommend as a purchase.

3. rysio24 Feb 14, 2016

Cristos 71 thanks for Your time and input ! so I will keep looking for some other one's !

1. I was looking for nice and quite cheap Omega and I found this one on internet auction ca. 300 $ and I thought "maybe this is good deal".
    2. Why Omega? I like James Bond ;) but I always wanted to have one. I thought this is more achievable than Rolex or Patek.
    3. I don't have any experience in Vintage watches I do my first steps and I more child in fog rather than partner to business.
    4. I think he will, he has only 1 year ;)
    5. I'm looking for good deal and for something that will be maybe value keeper

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 14, 2016

What's your price limit.

I ask as $300 is a tough one as a service will be needed on any cheap piece like above..which could be half to the same amount if your lucky.

arkstfan likes this.
  5. rysio24 Feb 14, 2016

It depends because honestly I'm looking watch to use that day to day and sth which will be good value in future my limit it's about 1000$ maybe but maybe 1500$ .
    I'm looking on Polish auctions but I didn't found anything worth to watch. Would you recommend me any portal(ex. ebay, chrono24) where I can look for this kind of watch?

6. peatnick Feb 14, 2016

ConElPueblo and BartH like this.
  7. rysio24 Feb 14, 2016

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 14, 2016

9. rysio24 Feb 14, 2016

Yes, I found it on ongoing auction

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 14, 2016

Please provide the link so we can see the watch.

11. rysio24 Feb 15, 2016

http://allegro.pl/omega-seamaster-automatic-vintage-60-i5972551316.html#

and here is translation via google:

OMEGA Automatic
    SEAMASTER
    The heart of the watch mechanism Omega caliber 491 with automatic tension. I bought it after renovation and service of the well-known collector of watches Omega. Because he told me half a year as a watch for meetings with clients :) I was very happy with it, but is selling because I bought Zenith'a and wife ... (continue the story probably know ...)

Set contains:
    § watch
    § red pouch watch.
    § guarantee clockwork confirming the authenticity issued by a reputable watchmaker Warsaw (Mr. Joseph Pawoniaka)
    § bar with an original, signed with buckle "omega".

ENVELOPE - the original steel, nose normal trace of use, polished seven months ago to cut mirror, with preserved original radial ground joints between the ears, kept all the edges.
    Lid - the original, steel, screw, polished, signed hippocampal externally. From the inside signature brand Omega Watch and reference number 14767-RA-61. New sealing lid in an envelope.
    TARCZA- original black, smooth, protruding silver hour markers, points Hourly filled with new Lumia centrally positioned logo, Omega described below Automatic, Seamaster, bottom Swisss Made. Small seconds. Shield has been professionally restored.
    NOTES - original set in silver, small seconds. Tips renovated and completed a new Lumi.
    LACE - original, steel, signed with the stamp Omega sharp.
    MECHANISM - Omega caliber 491 with vintage 1960 (part number 16744659). Mechanism 491 was produced in the years 1955 to 1960, although the last number of references (61) indicates the year the watch 1961 - Western numbering system often assigns production in the second half for the next model year: More information about the mechanism:
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Omega_491
    The tension on the automatic rattle - beautiful sound of the rotating rotor 19 kamieniowy micro, system incablock. Beautiful blue hair Breugetowski. Number wachnięć Balance - 19800 / h, power reserve list - 46godzin. The mechanism seven months ago was dismantled, cleaned and washed, passed overview watchmaker and lubrication. Next, recommended a review of watchmaker for about 3.5 years.
    GLASS - exchanged seven months ago, the Swiss company sternkrauz silver ring reinforcement, size 296, bears the normal signs of use.
    BELT - Leather leather, Topstitch, szer.18mm, high-grade companies signed with Condor, Original Omega buckle.
    PRODUKCJA- Switzerland, 1960.

DIMENSIONS: W., Without lace - 34 mm, with lace 36 mm, 40 mm ears.

Welcome personal pick-up in Warsaw. The possibility of checking zagarta at any zagarmistrza in Warsaw.
    Subject possibly send in a hard case, courier DPD, insured to the value of the watch.

More photos of the watch immediately after the restoration is available online OMEGA:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/urgent-help-needed-omega-14767-ra-61.25820

At this forumu before buying I verify whether the watch is truly original.

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 15, 2016

No, it's a redial.

"TARCZA- original black, smooth, protruding silver hour markers, points Hourly filled with new Lumia centrally positioned logo, Omega described below Automatic, Seamaster, bottom Swisss Made. Small seconds. Shield has been professionally restored."

But if you like it, and realise it has no collector value and can get it for a good price (or any price if you WANT it) then fill your boots.

13. arkstfan Feb 15, 2016

Scan the for sale here. Watch Recon can help you find leads as well.
    With exchange rate you can just squeak under $1000 with this.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-date-at-six-display-case.35313

You can stay well under with this.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...-box-timed-and-regulated-a-real-beauty.35706/

Edited Feb 15, 2016
  14. rysio24 Feb 15, 2016

Arkstfan,

Thanks for this links!

One more question, do you think I can found omega cosmic moonphase in good condition and in my price limit?

Thanks a lot!
    Grzesiek

15. Kja Feb 15, 2016

No..

arkstfan likes this.
  16. rysio24 Feb 15, 2016

ok:)

17. novina Feb 15, 2016

Hello Grzesiek,

Being that your son has just reached his first year, I think you have time to look for a good watch. Allegro Is the ebay of Poland, for those that are not fimailar. Have not been on it recently, but have seen some nice examples there before. I know someone from Lancut is flooding Ebay with Omega parts so not sure if this is a watch maker or just what is left of the estate of one. I do think you should be able to find a nice example for basically 3500-4000 Zloty. Just link the page here and ask for help. I also understand you may not want to go through US Ebay to avoid VAT charges. That said, the members here span the globe. We have a lot of members in the EU. So don't be afraid to look at what is for sale here.

Good hunting!

18. rysio24 Feb 16, 2016

Novina,

Many thanks for Your kind words and advice !

I'll do how You said.

Best
    Grzesiek