Forums Latest Members

Playing the tax return game

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 10, 2013

So, it is tax return season in Australia (our financial year finished on 30 June). Our tax office has a program called e-tax, which allows you to enter all your data and them submit electronically. Of course the bit I love is that you can closely watch what your expected refund is doing with each entry. Up until a few hours ago, my expected refund would have almost covered a brand new AT!!!!

But today I put in new data, which I knew would probably reduce my refund, I can only just afford a stainless steel pie pan :(

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 10, 2013

I was only thinking of that today!
    On average, my annual tax refund cheque has been in the order for two to three grand ::money::::money::

But the stinkin' gummint has been looking for every cent they can claw back fromu us honest tax payers, so likely I'll be in your boat too.

But what the heck, a even stainless piepan would be a fitting EOFY gift :rolleyes:

3. Mathlar Jul 10, 2013

Last autumn I had a cheque arrive from Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs for about £750. In the intervening time that has paid for...

The following 2nd gen Dynamic at auction, plus buyers fee and postage. The watch came with the original 80s box, a recent OEM strap on a buckle and a much older strap on a Chronostop-style deployant:

1.JPG 2.JPG

6.JPG 8.JPG

It also paid for a 1181/215 bracelet from the 'bay (still not sure if this is genuine, but cost wasn't bad...):

WP_20130710_007.jpg
    WP_20130710_013.jpg

Then it paid for a service on the Dynamic...

Mark Harris Omega Dynamic after service.png

And to get the modern OEM strap put on the deployant....

DJP_7645.jpg

And finally a service on my brother's Seamaster midsize waffle as a present:

WP_20130710_016.jpg

And finally I'm left wearing my Dynamic!

WP_20130710_010.jpg

Not bad for an unexpected refund!

Mothra and Lex4TDI4Life like this.