Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Sep 1, 2016

Are you happy you made the purchase? Does the watch feel too heavy? Should one expect to pay retail for it, or is there some way to buy one for less, other than pre-owned? Many thanks.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 1, 2016

You might. Others can identify the differences.

Longbow and M'Bob like this.
  3. M'Bob Sep 1, 2016

No, just actually looking for answers to the questions I asked.

Matty01, Archer, VicLeChic and 4 others like this.
  4. tigerpac Sep 1, 2016

Interested in hearing from owners as well. Prefer the no-date dial to the standard.

Gray market has discounts if you're OK with that route. In that price range there's just a whole world of possibilities though.

5. tyrantlizardrex Sep 1, 2016

These are stunning in the metal... But that price is somewhat killer.

To my eye, the dateless dial on these is near perfection.

From what I was told in the OB, these are pretty hard to come by - so you might be stuck with official routes, unless someone has one they want to move.

Worth trying iconic watches...

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 1, 2016

I think the watch is gorgeous, but way out of league price wise. When I put it on at the boutique I fell in love.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. EatMan Sep 1, 2016

easy fix for ya. just sell a handful of your Speedies and you're good to go!

8. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 1, 2016

Sell a watch? What's that? :D

9. ulackfocus Sep 1, 2016

I have a class starting in the fall for amateur sellers / flippers. ;)

10. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 1, 2016

Hi, I'm Tony and I can't sell my watches. :whipped:

11. Superdoc Sep 1, 2016

Wearing mine right now...
    20160901_191829.jpg

No regrets here....

Only 352 made so I doubt that you'd get much Grey market merchandise. Although I'm not sure how many orders were filled.... your Ad might be able to order you one and provide a discount...
    But trust me, no discount will ever compensate for the benefit of buying from the boutique.

munichblue, Fordex, alam and 12 others like this.
  12. M'Bob Sep 1, 2016

Many thanks for posting. Two questions: I understand platinum is nearly 35% heavier per volume than 18k gold. Some Rolex wearers say the platinum Day-Date feels very heavy on the wrist, but they often have the bracelet, so it may not be a fair comparison. Does the Globemaster feel unusually heavy on the wrist, given its size? Also - that medallion on the back..do you anticipate any wear on that enamel with prolonged use?

13. Longbow Sep 2, 2016

Even in Stainless Steel it feels quite hefty to me, at least when I compare my GM (134g) with my older Constellation (76g).
    image.jpeg
    I'm curious to know the all-up weight of the Platinum version. C'mon @Superdoc, do tell, what does yours weigh?

The GM does look better without the date window, but I don't think Omega will release such a version on the less expensive models as too many customers request the date function on everyday watches.

Edited Sep 2, 2016
    ahartfie, Jwit and M'Bob like this.
  14. tyrantlizardrex Sep 2, 2016

I beg to differ.

20% off of the RRP of one of these is a huge chunk of cash... I'd take that over invites to some posey events. ;)

And as to "no discount will ever compensate"... I'm being silly here but... You'd turn down a 50% or greater discount, for the warm fuzzy feeling of the OB being your friends?

::facepalm1::

Darlinboy likes this.
  15. meganfox17 Sep 2, 2016

Hi Guys[emoji137]

Great Investment @Superdoc !
    1st Metas+1st LE of 1st edition of new GM class + Great PR + Yeah No Date

Can i make an educated guess on the weight of the GM Pt 950 ?

Ok Guys. This's gonna sound ridiculously silly but it's Worth a Shot [emoji6]

LE 352
    Ref No 130+ 93+39+21+99+001= 383

The Omega GM Platinum weighs between 352 g - 383 g [emoji14]

16. tyrantlizardrex Sep 2, 2016

At €39,000 I'd hope that it weighs a lot...

M'Bob likes this.
  17. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 2, 2016

Having tried it on, I can tell you it is more hefty than the "standard" versions, at least tried on one right after the other. I doubt that is a noticeable factor otherwise. Weight difference with no bracelet isn't huge, and distrubted well.

I am not personally a fan of this reference, as it just not flashy enough for the money. I can get a diamond-encrusted whatever for similar money. If it had PLATINUM stamped on the dial somewhere in large script, I'd be all over it.

JimInOz and M'Bob like this.
  18. Superdoc Sep 2, 2016

As much as I love you, you may want to rethink that face palm....

I won't go into details , because there's no way that I can respond without it being misinterpreted in some way...

But let's just say that it's a bit more than 'posey events' or 'warm and fuzzies' ....

Let's just say that I've done the math... I'm ahead.

There are people on this forum who know exactly how well Omega takes care of its customers.

But I will refrain from mentioning discount vs boutique again.... my final statement on the subject is that it's like platinum - most people will see a steel watch, but it's just for those who know...

As far as how much it weighs or wearing out the enamel.... those are two things with which I've never concerned myself.

Edited Sep 2, 2016
  19. tyrantlizardrex Sep 2, 2016

Fair enough chap.

I am not, and will never be in a situation where €40k watches are a thing I can buy... So a moot point. ;)

20. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 2, 2016

Are you sure?
    image.jpeg