Forums Latest Members

Planning to buy speedy Apollo 17 cernan

1. MrJKLFoams Aug 19, 2018

Hi everyone Im planning to get this piece but unfortunately all my local AD’s said its sold out. I found one locally but the guy is asking 10K+ AUD. Is it worth paying extra? I know its anniversary piece but its not really that hot compared to recently released ultraman. Im really in the middle of waiting for basel what omega will offer or get this one. Thanks for input.

C2BE3AC9-B0FF-4077-AC51-81FAE6D3BF48.png
  2. abrod520 Aug 19, 2018

Well, chances are they're not totally sold out so your first step should be going to Omega's website and calling the Omega Boutiques (OB) and Authorized Dealers (AD) in your area and asking if they have any in stock or in their networks. I'd bet actual cash you could find one that way, for MSRP.

If there aren't any, you could wait a little while - I don't think these will be commanding a premium over MSRP if you can wait until next year to buy.

Failing that,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Spee...379774?hash=item2ab1f6fafe:g:eJgAAOSwP~Fbb4cZPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Spee...773246?hash=item3fa89c933e:g:un4AAOSwXV1bYdBNPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

3. Supah Aug 19, 2018

I don’t see the extra value personally (nor the Ultraman), but the classic saying goes: buy the watch you really want. Not the one someone else says you need to get.

Why would you wait?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 19, 2018

An OB (Omega Boutique) as listed on the Omega website should be able to search inventory of all OB’s in the country. AD’s you have to contact individually. I don’t think that models sold out.

Also note Omega’s pulled out of Basel.

5. dwboston Aug 19, 2018

I bought mine (new) two months ago at an AD. They had it on display for a while and gave me a nice discount off MSRP right off the bat. I think this is "sold out" in some parts of the world, but check with the OB's and you might be surprised to find one.

6. kilofinal Aug 19, 2018

I really like the blue ceramic dial and bezel, very nice piece. Hope you find one

7. dwboston Aug 19, 2018

At the risk of repeating myself, this watch is much better looking in person than in photos. I wasn't very impressed by the pictures I saw of it, but in person I was blown away. The gold accents are more understated than they appear in photos/renders, and the blue ceramic looks really good.

kilofinal likes this.
  8. jberb55 Aug 19, 2018

If you like your watch on a bracelet, this LE includes one, and it has a sliding adjustable clasp

9. rafabond Aug 20, 2018

is the strategy of Omega, they see that there is no longer and then they take out another game for sale, the strategy of awakening interest, the same thing happened with the Speedy 60th anniversary, it seemed that in a moment they had run out and then they went out more the light

10. stevec14 Aug 21, 2018

I had one for a while. Great watch. The blue is nicely done, and as stated the gold is quite subtle. The only bit I wasn’t keen on was the Apollo in the seconds subdial. Given the adjustable bracelet, ceramic etc I’d say it’s quite good value.